WSS Pay It Forward 2011.

I think these have gone well in the past. I am happy to get it going with some things I have that aren't being used. If there is little interest from the regulars here I will just make it a giveaway but it somehow seems less fun. Just say if you think it's a good idea and I will get it going this week sometime. If you have recommendations for improvements or just want to bring up problems with previous attempts this is the time to bring it up! Keep the items WSS related ofcourse.

Take the question mark out of the title if you're able. I need to pay mine forward, I'll go find the stuff.

I think these have gone well in the past. I am happy to get it going with some things I have that aren't being used. If there is little interest from the regulars here I will just make it a giveaway but it somehow seems less fun. Just say if you think it's a good idea and I will get it going this week sometime. If you have recommendations for improvements or just want to bring up problems with previous attempts this is the time to bring it up! Keep the items WSS related ofcourse.

I'm in. I've got a few WSS related items that aren't getting the attention they deserve.

The last pay it forward seemed to fizzle after a few months. Maybe we should do a semi annual thread to let things accumulate, but keep the tradition alive?

As long as it's WSS related, I'd think we're ok with the mods, right? After all, altruism is one of those skills that can have the biggest impact on your life when you need it most. How many times in your life have you been down, lost/broken a piece of gear, or wanted to learn a new skill but just didn't have the know how or funds to make it work? I figure there are lots of ways to contribute to the WSS community, including sharing gear and the knowledge of how & when to use it.

Pay it forward, & one day that trail magic will be there for you when you need it.

I'm in. I've got a few WSS related items that aren't getting the attention they deserve.

The last pay it forward seemed to fizzle after a few months. Maybe we should do a semi annual thread to let things accumulate, but keep the tradition alive?

As long as it's WSS related, I'd think we're ok with the mods, right? After all, altruism is one of those skills that can have the biggest impact on your life when you need it most. How many times in your life have you been down, lost/broken a piece of gear, or wanted to learn a new skill but just didn't have the know how or funds to make it work? I figure there are lots of ways to contribute to the WSS community, including sharing gear and the knowledge of how & when to use it.

Pay it forward, & one day that trail magic will be there for you when you need it.

Im in. Ive got a few things I can put in when it comes my way. Also, if anyone has some firesteel blanks, I could mount them in custom wood handles, and throw em back in the package.

OK, I'm going to sticky this and edit the title. I took part in last years P.I.F. and gave and received some good stuff.

:)

OK, I'm going to sticky this and edit the title. I took part in last years P.I.F. and gave and received some good stuff.

:)

Thanks for making it a sticky Ken! 2009 seemed to work better when it was a sticky. 2010 worked alright, but not quite as well.

thank you for the sticky!
i will get us started. i have lots of stuff, but won't post it all at once, i do after-all need to save some for after i get stuff here too haha. .
i wouldn't be able to mail it off til this weekend, however, here is the first offering, two great books, on topic, buy one of our most well respected!
SAM_0367.jpg

first come first serve. let the offerings begin.

edited as per the rules. apologies Ken.

Last edited:
Remember the rules.

No price listing and shipping is paid by the person offering up the item.

Let's have fun with this. I'll be throwing a few things into the mix soon.

Alright, I'm offering up a Condor Golok. I used it briefly on one occasion and you can see some marring on the blade coating. It is essentially NEW, but not one you would keep as a safe queen or collect. This one is a user. Whomever wants it should post here, then email me via the forum. I can't PM until I pay my membership dues. It will ship out at the end of the week via snail mail. You must be 18 years of age or over to receive this one.

img090.jpg

Hey Iboschi, I've been dying to try one of those out. I'll take it from ya. Email to follow...

OK, I don't know if it's a breach of etiquette to skip over Northern's offering, but I have both of those books, so I opted to take Iboschi's golok. And I have a few books of my own to offer up. I'm too lazy to take pics, but they're in excellent shape. Here are the links:
98.6 Degrees, by Cody Lundin
http://www.amazon.com/98-6-Degrees-Keeping-Your-Alive/dp/1586852345/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297132163&sr=8-1
Eiger Dreams, by Jon Krakauer
http://www.amazon.com/Eiger-Dreams-Ventures-Among-Mountains/dp/1599216108/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297132206&sr=1-1

And finally, I have a Victorinox Alpineer, in great shape. It's just the backup to my backup, and I really don't use it much at all.

So, these items go as a package to anyone that wants em. Just shoot me a PM or email, and we'll figure out the details.

OK, I don't know if it's a breach of etiquette to skip over Northern's offering, but I have both of those books, so I opted to take Iboschi's golok. And I have a few books of my own to offer up. I'm too lazy to take pics, but they're in excellent shape. Here are the links:
98.6 Degrees, by Cody Lundin
http://www.amazon.com/98-6-Degrees-Keeping-Your-Alive/dp/1586852345/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297132163&sr=8-1
Eiger Dreams, by Jon Krakauer
http://www.amazon.com/Eiger-Dreams-Ventures-Among-Mountains/dp/1599216108/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1297132206&sr=1-1

And finally, I have a Victorinox Alpineer, in great shape. It's just the backup to my backup, and I really don't use it much at all.

So, these items go as a package to anyone that wants em. Just shoot me a PM or email, and we'll figure out the details.

I'm in on those- Thanks
Dave

Back