Wst

Hey Scott, its been a tad slow round the Gossman campfire lately so I thought Id start a discussion on your WST knives.

How many of these have you made? Are they a popular model? Any interesting stories customers have told ya about their WSTs?

I am not a fan of the Tracker style WSKs, although I would like to get to use one of Becks. However, I really like your take on this design. You omited everything I dislike about the design. This model kinda seems like it flys under the radar around here. I dont see many of them. In fact I think the only one Ive seen pics of had Osage scales. Do you like this model? It looks like a bear to profile.

What does everyone else think about this design? Any of you forumites own one and can chime in with your opinions?

Thanks Scott.....

I was inspired to make a version of the Beck WSK when I had an original Beck WSK in my possesion for awhile. A customer sent it to me because I had never seen or handled one. I recently saw the one Dan Shechtman had. Dan showed it to me when we got together on an outing last year. It was the one he wrote the article for Tactical Knives mag. I believe it was his first article in TK.
I like the design with a plain blade shape. That's why I made it the way I did. I still have the first one I made.
This is a pine tree I quartered up with the knife.

Picture144.jpg

Not sure how many I've made. It hasn't been alot. The Tusker is king of the chopper hill. :D
Here are some random pics of some I've made.

Picture190.jpg

Picture220.jpg

Picture221.jpg

Picture279.jpg

Here's a pic of the original (top knife) and two scaled down versions. The second from the bottom is one I use to bust pelvic bones on deer.

Picture291.jpg

It is a pain to profile. I have one customer who is a firefighter/SAR who uses the scaled down version.

Scott

Attachments

• Picture 291.jpg
    Picture 291.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
J I was talking with Scott about this design right before I got my big boar tusker. I think it is a very well thought out design. I hate the looks of the Tops Tom Brown tracker design.My only thing is is I find there is nothing I can not do with my tusker. This is the most useful wilderness tool I own. I have been pestering Scott about a 3/16 thick 4 inch blade with a clip point about 1 1/2 inches wide with a 4 1/2 inch handle that would be para cord wrapped like a psk.This would be the perfect companion. Sorry I don't mean to high jack your thread.

Mike

this will be my next knife from scott most likely the scaled down verison since i got a 10 inch big boar tusker coming soon then a psk

frank

Great pics Scott. That Ironwood one is a beaut. :cool: I like the scaled down version alot. Pictured with the full size, you can tell the WST is a big knife.

J I was talking with Scott about this design right before I got my big boar tusker. I think it is a very well thought out design. I hate the looks of the Tops Tom Brown tracker design.My only thing is is I find there is nothing I can not do with my tusker. This is the most useful wilderness tool I own. I have been pestering Scott about a 3/16 thick 4 inch blade with a clip point about 1 1/2 inches wide with a 4 1/2 inch handle that would be para cord wrapped like a psk.This would be the perfect companion. Sorry I don't mean to high jack your thread.

Mike

Interesting. I have always felt the same way looking at the Tracker. I wonder what it can do that my other blades can not. No hijack, I think that blade would be very cool. Cord wrapped 3/16 isnt too un comfy either. :thumbup:

this will be my next knife from scott most likely the scaled down verison since i got a 10 inch big boar tusker coming soon then a psk

frank

Im thinking it might be my next order from Scott too. Although I really want one of those Estella designed Bolos.

j williams,

get both lol seriously the bolo is one nice looking blade ! so is the wst
i just wish i had the money to get all of scotts knives! then the problem
would be which to use that day .

frank

Those are some Excellent lookin blades up^^^^ there. :thumbup:
Who else is wanting one besides me??? :D

Back