• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

WTB NitroV chef knife

I want to buy a custom chef knife made from Nitro V (from NJSteelBaron). I want it in the Kramer style 200mm x 60mm (wide). Please let me know if this is the right place to ask. If anyone can help send me some pics and your heat treatment specifics (time vs temp for the complete cycle)

Moved to the knifemaker section

Please send me an email...I have some NitroV in house and kitchen knives is my specialty. It will be about 4-6 months until delivery though. No deposit is required.
Heat Treat will be done by Peters Heat Treat in PA.

Please send me an email...I have some NitroV in house and kitchen knives is my specialty. It will be about 4-6 months until delivery though. No deposit is required.
Heat Treat will be done by Peters Heat Treat in PA.

Can you share the time/temp plot (from Peters for HT including multi-step cryo and final tempering ?

Peters probably has their own proprietary exact process but the general steps are: austenitize at 1975 deg F or so, soak, then quench, then cryo right away with liquid nitrogen. Then temper for desired RC hardness. The time/temp plots are available from the manufacturer

I would expect you would get it (time/temp plot) since you are their customer.

Also, can you send me some pics of your work ?

Everything is available on my website. Link in my signature. I would contact Peters directly if you would like to know more details about the heat treat process.

Back