Food XLarge pot stand/stove?

Trying to come up with something that will handle at least a 4L pot. something that will have a reasonable boil time, and when used with 5 other trangia sets make it easier to cook for 20 people.
Kinda thinking towards something like a jumbo size emberlit with three trangia burners inside it. Anyone have any ideas along this line? Which of the folding woodbox stoves would handle that many burners? A custom option is a possibility, but I'd like to go off the shelf if possible. I've done some looking, but I'm sure I've missed out on someone.

Reasons for alcohol burners: already use trangia burners, so procedures and logistics stay the same.

Expense, yes I could try to get 8 dragonfly stoves, but $$$ (oh yeah, need 8 of em) And currently can't get trangia X2 burners in australia, and don't want to go playing liability roulette by importing some.

How about about a 1/2" wire mesh pot stand with a large enough diameter to encompass three Trangias and a tinfoil windscreen?

Can you go wood insted of alcohol? I own an Emberlight Fireant which is gets very hot but you need to constantly feed it wood. A larger UL may work well but I would use wood for that large pot. Trangia burners will never boil a 4L pot. It will only get it warm. For 20 hungry people, you need to take it up a notch. It seems like you might as well as go for a Snow Peak Pack & Carry Fireplace with a grill attachment instead of using Emberlights. And then you can sit around the campfire after dinner. Check it out on their website.

No wood, since we operate in parks with a no collect/ no fire policy, and we try to be as LNT as possible. however one of the reasons to go with a fireplace or firebox is that in the event of emergency it would give an option to the group leader, that also provides a bit more of a due diligence aspect should they feel the need to light a fire.

Snow peak looks good, but far too heavy for what I'm looking for. would be a nice thing to have though.

Last edited:
Got it. I own a dragonfly but I have not used it in years, but I remember it could get very HOT. I could see it boiling a big pot if cranked up high. If you are looking for different kind of alcohol stoves that have a connected bottle refill setup for long cooking times, check out Tinny at Minibulldesign. He is a retired machinist who makes high end alcohol stoves for great prices. He has been doing it years and has become an expert on alcohol camping stoves. Many have copied his designs which he has been updating for years. He has great advice on his youtube channel too.

Trangia 501254
Billy 4.5 litre in aluminium with lid and bail.
Fits the Trangia stoves in series 25.
Weight 530 g. Dimensions: Ø240 mm x H130 m
http://trangia.se/en/frypans-and-saucepans/
or
http://www.campsaver.com/trangia-aluminum-cook-pot-with-lid

The Trangia 25 nests in the Billy

I have the 2.5 litre Billy
Trangia 27 nests in the Billy
It extends the use of the 1-2 person Trangia 27
I really like it
I presume the 4.5 litre billy will work as effectively on the 25 as my 2.5 litre billy does on the 27

Last edited:
Back