Your favorite Military of all-time

I've got a soft spot for the first CF one. Single liner, dino jimping, S30V. Like them all, but never really got along with the Ti versions (almost kept the M4/G10/Ti hybrid) so I've passed those on and kept the CF and G10 Millies.

If the BHQ Jade Military had a RWL34 or CPM-154 blade, it might be #1 in my book. I love the look of natural G-10, but I'd prefer a stainless blade. I like M4, but my preferences lean toward more stainless steels these days.

Another vote for my Cruwear, but I'm really interested in the KW CF/Ti/S90V because the handles are made from my 2 favourite materials.

If the BHQ Jade Military had a RWL34 or CPM-154 blade, it might be #1 in my book. I love the look of natural G-10, but I'd prefer a stainless blade. I like M4, but my preferences lean toward more stainless steels these days.

Do a blade and locking liner swap with a 204P one ;)

But I want RWL34 or CPM-154! :D Already have 204P, I like variety. Haha

RWL34 Millie? I'm game.

Steel-wise, my absolute fav is the CF S90V Millie (Para2 as well).

From an in-hand-comfort perspective, I'd have to be this mod w/ full ti liners, Anso-style G10 and full G10 backspacer

I had a fixed blade from a reputable maker that was made pf CPM 154 and I was very much disappointed with that steel. It got screaming sharp and then lost its edge crazy fast. It was a fixed blade bushcraft survival knife (a flagship model for the maker) with a convex edge. I stripped bark off of a 1/3 inch thick 2 sticks to make marshmallow sticks for the kids and the edge shave edge was gone. A paper test after that revealed a rough/noisy cut. I whittled some wood after the paper and went back to the paper and that joker could barley cut the paper. I have never looked at CPM 154 since. 154CM had been more than adequate for folders though.

I know Cruwear and 3V are similar, but I am dying for a 3V Military run at about 60hrc. Ide love an all carbon fiber/liner lock 3V version. Or even better 3V with peel ply Carbon fiber presentation and a Wilson Combat Starburst Ti Reeve lock!!!!!!!

DSC05703%202_zps9w4br5ce.jpg

haha I carry mine in my back pocket and several of my jeans are like that.

My CF Milli that had the 52100 blade, now carrying the 204P blade. What a combo. The CF is just so darn light.

There's a nice looking CF MIllie in M390 sitting there on the Exchange. The seller has not vouched that it's NIB but it looks it and the price point is pretty good. Someone better snag it before I get tempted which I really ought not, because I've $pent way too much on folders in Apr / May!!! No and I don't know the seller and I'm not shilling for that gent. Just need someone else to put me out of my misery :p

There's a nice looking CF MIllie in M390 sitting there on the Exchange. The seller has not vouched that it's NIB but it looks it and the price point is pretty good. Someone better snag it before I get tempted which I really ought not, because I've $pent way too much on folders in Apr / May!!! No and I don't know the seller and I'm not shilling. Just want someone to put me out of my misery :p

I saw that too. I'm good on folders, for this week at least. I did buy a new fixed blade though!

I saw that too. I'm good on folders, for this week at least. I did buy a new fixed blade though!

Quite tempting though, huh?

P.S. after the Millie S90V, the Wilson Combac Star-Tac plus the two Carothers NASKs which I pre-paid for recently not withstanding, I feel a bit deflated but stupidity always "trumps" my logic when it comes to deliciously fine shiny sharp objects :)

Last edited:
Quite tempting though, huh?

P.S. after the Millie S90V, the Wilson Combac Star-Tac plus the two Carothers NASKs which I pre-paid for recently not withstanding, I feel a bit deflated but stupidity always "trumps" my logic when it comes to deliciously fine shiny sharp objects :)

Wow, seems like you have some good toys coming to you soon! I'm the same way too. It's a sickness really. I mean, how many knives do we really need? lol

Wow, seems like you have some good toys coming to you soon! I'm the same way too. It's a sickness really. I mean, how many knives do we really need? lol

Hmmm, a very good question which is almost impossible to answer truthfully but in my case, I try to rationalize it to befit my own warped mindset :)

That said, I think that all of us nutcases spending our $ on the higher end of the knife echelon have enough super steels to last a lifetime barring any large scale thermonuclear or an asteroid/comet direct hit type of catastrophe. I know that I'm super geeking now!

Hmmm, a very good question which is almost impossible to answer truthfully but in my case, I try to rationalize it to befit my own warped mindset :)

That said, I think that all of us nutcases spending our $ on the higher end of the knife echelon have enough super steels to last a lifetime barring any large scale thermonuclear or an asteroid/comet direct hit type of catastrophe. I know that I'm super geeking now!

Self-justification; it's a thing of beauty ain't it?

It will be the 52100 on the right for now. I just received the KWX S90V/CF/Ti yesterday. I will EDC it for some time to let it break in. It has the potential to overtake the 52100.

34407838162_7ce61327da_k_d.jpg

Back