Your favorite SAK that doesn't exist!

I would like an 84 mm (not 91 mm) Victorinox Tinker (with an eye in the reamer/punch) modified as follows:

- Small blade removed.
- Large blade made out of better steel.
- Large blade should lock
- Manufactured such that Phillips and flat screwdrivers can handle more applied torque without twisting the knife apart.

I have never understood the need for double plain-edge blades – a single locking blade would be more useful for me. Having screwdrivers that could successfully accommodate more torque would finish up making this knife perfect for every day utility use.

Thanks for asking,

--SAK

Large blade
Diamond file
Removable ferro rod fire lighter (Flat and wide to replace the useless toothpick)
small blade but scalpel sharp (Comes with cover)
Wood Saw
Reamer
Drill bit
Pliers
Compass on handle
Led in handle
Metal saw

1 Phillips, 2 flat heads, can/bottle opener

Wire stripper on pliers

I think that Handyman contains everything I need and also, Rambler is the best for everyday use & carry...

But...

If I could find an alox Farmer with a corkscrew out there, it would be the best.

Do you have any any idea, why Victorinox doesn't create this cmbination?

Would it be efficient, if we send them a referendum with our runs?

It seems that there is a lack of wine lovers. ;)

In the woods with a nice bottle of porto... Anything better?

Well, since this SAK doesn't exist, I guess I can use my imagination...

1 Tanto
1 Hawkbill
1 Clippoint
1 Scissors
1 Fingernail Clippers
1 Telescoping Rod w/ Magnetic Tip
1 "Gator"-type ratchet (as seen on tv)
1 Mini-photon
1 one shot .22
1 Dental Floss Dispenser
1 Removable Sharpening Stone
1 Phaser set to stun

I would LOVE a SAK with Alox Handles, Large Blade, Awl, Philips Blade (not the Bottom opening kind like on the Tinker) Scissors, Magnifying Glass, Saw, Can Opener/Screwdriver, and Toothpick and Tweezers. This would quickly become my EDC if it were ever offered, but I won't hold my breath! Cool Thread! :cool:

or another option...

slightly larger keyring/lanyard hole for an easily accessible garrot.
2" Karambit blade
3" awl/spike
red photon light
256mb storage key

the name's Bond, James Bond.

Planterz said:
Main blade.
The Cybertool 34 comes close, but I don't need the pliars or the hook. Or, the 29, but with scissors.
Who actually uses the hook, anyway? There are a lot of SAK's I would like if it wasn't for the damn hook.

I would like a Soldier with a framelock main blade of VG-10 and scissors. If it wouldn't weaken the knife too much have the bottle opener/screwdriver framelock as well.

Another knife I would like would be a Yeoman with liner locking VG-10 main blade, awl instead of the hook and the Voyager handles. This would definitely be my EDC.

The modern bride and her multi-tool

12_mag2.jpg

Once had e-address of two different companies that would assemble a knife to your specs. Didn't find ieither (ran out of time) but did find this. Wondered if anyone might recognize the multi-tool.

A SAK I'd like to see is a V'nox like the Farmer, but with scissors in place of the wood saw. Also, I'd prefer it without the keyring and engraving plate.

Well the first thing that comes to mind would be a Wenger Standard Issue.....albiet with Packlock,Saw and Scissors! :D
In fact if either company made a Alox version with locking blade I would be all over it!

Kap :cool:

My "dream" SAK...
Victorinox/Alox scales
Large blade
Small blade
Wood saw
Awl
Combo can/bottle opener

Paul

Exactly, a modded Farmer!
And if the small blade was a pruning blade, so much the better.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a Wenger Evo 16...

except a switchblade where the shield is the cleverly disguised release button.

one with
screwdriver
pliers
can opener
pen
tweezers
NO BLADE

so i can take it on the damn airplane :rolleyes:

Somebody makes a multi-tool that doesn't have a blade and some screeners are still not letting it through. I read a article about it in a field and stream awhile back.

Back