"Your" Knife

JK Knives

What knife is "your" knife? By that I mean what knife is always with you, either on your belt, or in your pocket. I would love to say I always carry one I made, but in reality it's usually a Swiss Army, one of the basic models.

I've tried dozens of knives since the addiction began but keep going back to the Spyderco Centofante III that I've been carrying for nine years (at least).

1975 Case Sodbuster Jr. with Carbon Steel blade that I blued to keep down the rust. Grew up using this knife on the farm for anything and everything imaginable. I have many knives now and a select few special ones, but this old half worn out Case is still top dog!

I've been wearing this fixed blade knife since I made it at John's workshop. It turned out ok, of course with John's instruction and a little help. I like a fixed knife because it is easier to pull it out and use it since the arthritis in my fingers hurts to flick a folder. I will carry this folder in places where a larger knife scares people off.
John Smith

IMG_32641_zps75xi7w8l.jpg
IMG_0180_zps4kfxte6q.jpg

What knife is "your" knife? By that I mean what knife is always with you, either on your belt, or in your pocket. I would love to say I always carry one I made, but in reality it's usually a Swiss Army, one of the basic models.

yup, i'm with ya. like most here (i'm sure), i've played with modern folders, traditionals and fixed blades. and while i use many, the one that i always have on me is the vic farmer. i've tried to bump it from my pocket, but just too practical.

I rotate through so many. The two most often picked are a Benchmade 940 and a dragonfly in zdp189

Spyderco Folder of some sort for decades. Paramilitary 2 in S110V is my current goto.

I've been wearing this fixed blade knife since I made it at John's workshop. It turned out ok, of course with John's instruction and a little help. I like a fixed knife because it is easier to pull it out and use it since the arthritis in my fingers hurts to flick a folder. I will carry this folder in places where a larger knife scares people off.
John Smith

IMG_0180_zps4kfxte6q.jpg

Nice work on the knive and, as usual, that is some fine leatherwork. :thumbsup:

At this point, I don't think I have one that is a constant companion, or at least one that I feel excessively attached to. I carried a Vic Tinker for a couple years, but have since switched between a PM-2 and Griptilian.

Looks like a pretty even split between Victorinox, Spyderco, and Benchmade.

I have a Spyderco Tenacious on me most of the time. I have a yellow handled SAK with a locking main blade that is very people friendly. My go to.
I carry my JK scandi in my cycle bag when I go on long rides. It's handy for food prep or a little whittling when I'm resting. Plus it's super cool with ironwood handles.

I'm gunna have to say my CQC7 is just a knife I can't live without. It is just great for my utility purposes. That and it makes a great little Self Defense knife too.

I bought this Bermuda Green Case Peanut the day before my daughter was born, and it's been with me nearly every day for the last 10 and a half months, and it will stay with me until I turn it over to her.

KOX3iCD.jpg

I don't really have one knife. Nearly always have a small fixed blade in the pocket along with one or two traditionals.
GJfYVzM.jpg

For something like 8 years I carried a Kershaw Shallot and Vic Classic, but recently changed to a Spyderco Delica 4 ZDP189 for the better steel and Vic Rambler for the phillips sd.

For something like 8 years I carried a Kershaw Shallot and Vic Classic, but recently changed to a Spyderco Delica 4 ZDP189 for the better steel and Vic Rambler for the phillips sd.

Pretty much all of 2016, my business travel was two weeks/month on a good month. I never wanted to risk losing my Centofante III so I'd pack a Kershaw Zing in G10 or a black Vic Cadet in my checked bag.

I gave the Zing to my daughters fiancee' late last year when he broke his CRKT. I liked that one a lot but it wasn't "the one".

As for the Cadet, sure enough, it came up missing. I'm not sure of it was me or the baggage handlers but I miss that one most of all. Considering that I found it on clearance at Target for $15, you'd think I could get over it :p.

It would have to be the E01 Hunter you made me. It was one of my first JKs and i wear it everyday im at work. On the weekends i may put a folder in my pocket, but this is my everyday work knife.

I have three that feel like "my" knives.

CCcsRkr.jpg

I tend to rotate through a few folders, but this SAK is always on me. A very handy set of tools, and that clip thingy lets it hang down the side of my pocket, so it disappears.
I love the combo of my Bluegill and a flashlight in the pocket sheath. If they aren't in a pocket, they're close by.
The Personal camp is my weekend knife. I just like it. It feels like mine.

Last edited:
I like to carry different traditional folders, but I almost always have my Benchmade Mini-Grip on me regardless.

Back