Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

I absolutely love the pins and that gorgeous wood. No need to get all catty about it though.

Sounds like you've been too active then!

Need to clean my lens, got some foggy boogers in there. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow.

Thanks Dennis. I'll get some better pics when the sun comes out. Now I need to start a wrong handed sheath:D

I'll be doing a small batch next, a few different designs, haven't got it figured out yet but there'll be some Blackwood, Mesquite, probably a clip, a drop, maybe a bullnose. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm thinking in the 7-8" range and slim handled.

Johnny, that just looks awesome with the cocobolo. I've been meaning to ask you, what is the finish you use on your handles?

Thanks

Johnny, that just looks awesome with the cocobolo. I've been meaning to ask you, what is the finish you use on your handles?

Thanks

I sanded it out to 2500, buffed it, put a thin coat of Ren wax on it and buffed again. That Cocobolo seemed really easy to work with. It's really smooth but the handle shape gives it some good purchase I think.

I sanded it out to 2500, buffed it, put a thin coat of Ren wax on it and buffed again. That Cocobolo seemed really easy to work with. It's really smooth but the handle shape gives it some good purchase I think.

:thumbup:

Thanks to Sam for magically cleaning the fuzz off my camera lens and putting on a nice border!

That, sir, is freaking awesome.

Glad you like it Mack, I think on the next one, I'll trail it down between the scales about a 1/2".

:eek::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: almost forgot. "But will it kill?" :D

Last edited:
The knife turned out really nice, would like to see the sheath when done.:thumbup:

Put new brake pads on the pickup, had lunch, and survived a test drive. Back to leather, my nemesis! Thank Scott, I'll post pics when I get her finished.

She begs to be used, the balance feels right and she's really comfortable I think.

I've tried but have never been able to turn a knife into a heirloom or a centerpiece . It's getting used :cool:

:thumbup: For a tool to become an Heirloom, it has to be used!

Back