Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

I was looking for a word that conveyed "dust collecting-never used or appreciated-when you die it gets boxed up with your old photos and broken pocket watch-never to be seen again" thing.

Missed, huh? :p

Ha, I knew what you meant. Of the few that I have, my favorite heirlooms are a parkay coffee table with worn edges from Grandpa's boots (which I can still hear Grandma yelling "get your boots off the table!), his 1946 Double edge Gillette, a couple of punches from my other Grandpa, and my great uncles ball pein hammer (in this thread). I use all of those things about every day. I'm a creepy sentimental bastard like that!

I'm convinced leather has a personal vendetta against me. Sheath is coming along well though, an ugly stage right after dying. I'll dye the stitching and edges with a different color and fade it it in a little.

I'm convinced leather has a personal vendetta against me. Sheath is coming along well though, an ugly stage right after dying. I'll dye the stitching and edges with a different color and fade it it in a little.

It looks good to my eyes. It's even tip-up as it should be.

It looks good to my eyes. It's even tip-up as it should be.

I'm just glad I remembered to make it wrong handed! Usually I remember right after I cut it out and swear at myself for a while.

"Tip up", now that's funny right there.

Took me a while:D

^That boy ain't right:D
070.gif

Thanks Dennis, I'll be starting another thread for the next project. A few more details to work out and I'll get it going.

I should have this shipped out within a few days. I still need to do some burnishing, fiinal sharpening and whatnot.

Thinking along the lines of this for the next project. 7 3/4" OAL, simple design, maybe some thumpling, a swedge on a couple. Some Blackwood, Mesquite, Bocote...

Looks GREAT John!:thumbup:

He speaks the truth!

:thumbup::cool:

Thinking along the lines of this for the next project. 7 3/4" OAL, simple design, maybe some thumpling, a swedge on a couple. Some Blackwood, Mesquite, Bocote...

Nice! I'll be watching for the in-progress posts and probably hovering around waiting for it to hit the exchange.

Now, about that sheath. Is it too late to do any tooling? Nothing over the top but if you'd like to try your hand at adding some Thumpling to the front where the spine would be, I certainly wouldn't be opposed :D. Maybe a short run of it from the top to where the handle contour ends.

I'll post them for sale here in the subforum when they're done, give anyone that hangs around the ghost town first crack at them. Then maybe move them to the exchange.

Dang it, I wish I'd have thought about that before, some thumpling texture on the sheath would be cool. It's too late to try it out now, I'd have to experiment a little and do it before I stitch it up.

I really like that idea though. Haha, we can call it the "Rupe" option, with a thumpled spine of the knife and sheath. "Do you want the Rupe special on that?":D

Thumpling, blackwood and cowbell? Be still my heart.

The sheath turn really nice, is that your mix of snow seal,bee's wax and ten wax?

Back