Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Dayum, that looks great; the next is looking pretty sweet too! :)

Thanks for the add and the chance, I'll take #49. Should I win, send it to Mack! *

* (Just kidding...)

The sheath turn really nice, is that your mix of snow seal,bee's wax and ten wax?
Thanks Scott, my leather skills are improving but that's not saying much!
Yeah, it's the mixture. When I make another batch, I'll send you some and you can let me know what you think.

Dayum, that looks great; the next is looking pretty sweet too! :)

Thanks for the add and the chance, I'll take #49. Should I win, send it to Mack! *

* (Just kidding...)
Ha, thanks Shel. She'll be shipped off in the morning. The upcoming batch will be five if they all survive, two of which are spoken for.

She's shipped, the next progress thread is up and running, the link is below. Thanks to everyone that followed along with this one, and a big thanks to Chris for the order.

Simple Simon met a Pieman

Here's a little stinker with a link to the subforum built in.

USPS Caveman tracking says we're out for delivery. I hope she gets there safe and sound:thumbup:

I'm home today and just put my expense report receipts in the mailbox. Nothing yet. The mail usually runs around 2:30 or 3 here.

I'll keep you posted. :thumbup:Thanks again.

e6a46d9961dc9b3e2d36387db33211f8_zps1lehrvu7.jpg

9670bf76545ba3c3ed0cca27915462df_zpsa5cvmfh7.jpg

4ea14ccc5d01eb131004f45bff20d3c7_zpsu0tezqvl.jpg

180e988468a2eed1baefb7915a08c46d_zpscp6io2r2.jpg

John, It's perfect.

Your leatherwork is beautiful too.

I'm damn near speechless. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well, I've ruined it.

:p

3BE5BA87-6D47-489E-BD95-3EB81DD7D55D_zpst9vskn2a.jpg

77437730-F593-495C-9C28-3EC62E57C08C_zpsjgrd8dih.jpg

I've been in Texas (again) for the past two weeks and I haven't had a chance to use any of my knives. I said I'd use this one so I did.

My wife works at JC Penny and has to work Thansgiving and Black Friday. My son and daughter-in-law have to work as well and are the only family that we can get together with this month so we got a small bird and had our Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

I decided to use the Thumpled Redmeadow to disassemble the bird. It did a fine job. Just enough tarnishing on blade to knock any "safe queen" ideas out of my head. :D

Been meaning to ask how the thumpling feels. Do you think it should be more aggressive? I kept it on the smoother side so it wouldn't bother the thumb, just help it a little.

Back