Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

These two showed up together today, each from a different vendor, and each having it's own unique minor snag which affected the delivery day. But all is fine now. :cool::thumbsup:

YaQW91J.jpg

Lookin' good, Paul! :thumbsup: I still don't know which color I like best...o_O Doesn't matter much - I plan to keep 'em both, anyway. :D

It looks like Case has upped their game as far as speed of production is concerned. The majority of the covers are now available. I just received the bonestag. I know some are not fans, but to each their own. Also a comparison photo with the smooth bone.View attachment 700981 View attachment 700982

Alan, the Bone Stag looks very nice. :thumbsup: I may just have to pick up one of those also. Your Smooth Antique Bone is definitely a lot darker than my example. Buying a knife in hand is always nice, but it's something we don't always have the luxury of doing. :)

Thanks Alan. My count stands at 2 Clerks, 1 Whip and 1 Jack. That will probably do it for me, unless another bargain appears. I'm a pushover when it comes to very good prices on very good knives! :eek:

[QUOTE="Half/Stop, post: 17110002, member: 385987]I'm a pushover when it comes to very good prices on very good knives! :eek:[/QUOTE]
I think at least a third of my knives fall into that category Ron.

Nice 54 Alan.

Thanks Alan. My count stands at 2 Clerks, 1 Whip and 1 Jack. That will probably do it for me, unless another bargain appears. I'm a pushover when it comes to very good prices on very good knives! :eek:

Interesting. That's exactly what I have left! 2 Clerks, 1 Whip and 1 Jack? Coincidence? I Don't Think So:cool:

I had three more. I gave on Whip to a friend who is not a collector, one jack to Jack and one Whittler to Jolipapa as a GAW.

I will join you in the pushover category my friend. :thumbsup: < lame thumb up

I'm curious, Alan, what doesn't thrill you about the #48? I think they look nice, I passed because of the single blade only.
Jeff: I actually preferred the single and was glad to see Charlie make that one. I guess I kept looking at the photos of the chestnuts both on the GEC site and guys who posted early photos and saw this really deep gouge marks and jigging almost to the bolsters and, the dark coffee color where there had not been any smooth area buffed out. Mine is more shallow jigging marks and not as overall dark. I have two 48's. One in stag also. Neither one knocks me out. The shape, size and blades are wonderful but I seem to have not so much luck as others with scales (covers if you prefer). That pretty much is the reason.

Thanks, Alan. Stag is a given, but it's sometimes surprising the amount of variation there is even in bone. I can see what you mean, but I still think yours is quite handsome.

[QUOTE="Half/Stop, post: 17110002, member: 385987]I'm a pushover when it comes to very good prices on very good knives! :eek:
I think at least a third of my knives fall into that category Ron.

Nice 54 Alan.[/QUOTE]

Thanks my friend. It's one of the largest (length) knives I have so far.

Thanks, Alan. Stag is a given, but it's sometimes surprising the amount of variation there is even in bone. I can see what you mean, but I still think yours is quite handsome.
Thanks Jeff: It is the spice of knife collecting, I guess? I agree with your comment on bone as well as stag. I think it depends a lot on thickness, if they have to clear a lot of material to match up to the bolsters. But the jigging pattern itself, being done by machines should be fairly consistent. Somewhere I else I mentioned a glitch that Charlie brought up. GEC apparently had some kind of issue partway through the run.

Back