Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Today's catch - Improved Trapper. Getting accustomed to the added thickness and heft over the Weasel, but I like it! :D

TN4vwi6.jpg

h0PWoPk.jpg
These are very nice GE. Just beautiful!

Thank you, Alan! I think I'm now all set with this pattern, totaling 4 counting the Diamond Jacks. I should cool it for a while. Maybe. I think.
GE I think you are set for this pattern. You got some beauties! I often tell myself to cool it, but it never seems to work;)

I've had this one a few weeks now, but never got around to putting a final edge on it for carry. Found out it had no edge at all on the spear main, and only a minor one on the clip. I sat down with a large 400 grit diamond stone, and it took me almost a half hour to get a decent edge. This 1095 must be around 62-63 HRc if that's possible, based on my sharpening of other hard blades. It took MUCH longer to get an edge on than Queen's D2 or ATS-34, and literally seemed to skate across the diamond stone at first.

1c1d6129-2b21-4b97-9dc7-29982a14567b_zpssqhxzlpf.jpg~original

These are the most beautifully polished blades I've ever seen. True mirrors! I don't think the photography captured it well, but they really gleam. A very nicely crafted knife from 1988, other than they forgot to sharpen it. Oh, for Queen to return to this quality!

Awesome Winnie Jeff!!!! And I hear you, my Winchesters were consistently the hardest 1095 I've ever sharpened....thought it was just me. :eek:

I've had both of these for a while, but have never officially acknowledged them in this thread! ;)
My wife and daughter picked up this A Wright & Son rosewood lambsfoot at a hardware store in York, England when they visited the UK for a week in April. My wife has been back for almost a month and I've been using the lambsfoot in the kitchen frequently since then.
RkJIx5O.jpg

1nIwh1u.jpg

This Marbles scout is a generous gift from LastRodeo, and it matches a trapper in the Marbles Workman series that I bought at the end of March. Some of the scout's distinctive features include G-10 covers, in-line Philips screwdriver, no bail (and I'm considering trying to put an edge on the awl to turn it into a little wharncliffe). Thanks, Mike!
ESp2fr7.jpg

nWLnTF1.jpg

- GT

Back