Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Zulu Spear in black linen Micarta by Ian Vanreenen:cool::thumbsup:

It's 3 3/4" closed, double pinned acorn shield, a CPM 154 hollow ground blade thats solid and centered and sits flush in all three positions. This knife is a pleasure to own and use:thumbsup:

SaFA9Z.jpg

BsEjLe.jpg

RZN3D8.jpg

NnjSDm.jpg

An early birthday present from my wife. Renee wanted to get me a Queen made knife but she needed some guidance due to the quality issues that Queen knives sometimes have. Mike at CKnet pointed her in the right direction and they both done good.

File & Wire Sowbelly Trapper from the 2011 Series 5 Schatt & Morgan run.

View attachment 714282

View attachment 714283

View attachment 714284

This little beauty just arrived and hour ago. What a cool watch pocket knife.
I really like the MOP covers. I think it might of been a bit to flashy for me if it had been a bigger knife but on this little guy it's just knida slick lookin to me. Here's a few quick pictures I took. 20170529_162733.jpg 20170529_162800.jpg 20170529_162804.jpg PS That's a sweet Birthday present you got there Railsplitter :eek::D

Last edited:
Thanks t.willy!

The Mother of Pearl on your knife is really nice. I like those coined liners too.

Yeah I kinda liked that too. I didn't realize these were the only GEC knives with Genuine MOP until Blademan mentioned it on here. Kinda adds to the cool factor a bit :cool::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Very nice indeed. Is that Dusk Bone?

I'm very keen on all my 38s the Tidioute Camel Bone is simple and beautiful, your new knife likewise. These are really practical knives not just for gardeners like me, that Pruner will open any packaging or clamshell horror with no problem, great for boxes and wire too. The minor blade is a scalpel, wonderful thin slices of garlic with that:cool:

How do you sharpen the Farmer's Jack? I just got the linen micarta version. Such a cool knife!

Paul, by the looks of his work Ian does nice stuff. What is your take on it? Fit and finish,ECT? I would like to see his work, feel it.

Chris

Paul, by the looks of his work Ian does nice stuff. What is your take on it? Fit and finish,ECT? I would like to see his work, feel it.

Chris

Chris, Ian's fit and finish is excellent. Flush in all positions, centered and solid blade, plunge and grinds are on point. Pull is approx a 5 out of 10. The covers are smooth, lending it towards a working knife for lengthy cutting.

I talk with others here on the forum about knife makers that make a quality knife yet their edge is lacking at times. Ian's edge is even and came RAZOR sharp:thumbsup: if the opportunity arrives I look forward to more knives from Ian.

How do you sharpen the Farmer's Jack? I just got the linen micarta version. Such a cool knife!
D Dschal
I have had good luck sharpening hawkbill blades or others with a serious inward curve using a Sharpmaker. Also, Lansky still makes a "crock stick" sharpener. Those are round ceramic rods which set into a block to form a V. I've used that with good results, also.
LCD5D.jpg

Yeah I kinda liked that too. I didn't realize these were the only GEC knives with Genuine MOP until Blademan mentioned it on here. Kinda adds to the cool factor a bit :cool::thumbsup::rolleyes:

Not totally correct ....you guys are overlooking the 25 series That were also done in Genuine MOP

Last edited:
Back