Your next SAK?

>>Cybertool 34

Great choice! I've had one that I keep in my briefcase for at least 7 or 8 years. 's too big for EDC but VERY handy to have with me in the bag.

- Tim

Thanks to that evil pusher-man guyon, I now have a vic outrider and vic champion + sitting on my desk right next to 4 other folders I already owned. I was amazed at how competitive the pricing on Vics from amazon was.

quick and dirty pic of Outrider for JerseyTex7:

P1010294.jpg

Real sandy, I know. wet media blasting is an SOB!

Next SAK? A Vic Sportsman. It's pretty much a perfect compromise from my perspective. I wanted something I could carry in the front pocket of business pants all the time. Both the "classic" and the "executive" had main blades that were too small. Of the more traditional smaller frame models, the "sportsman" had the best selection of tools (for me). Curiously I rarely need a pair of scissors and given a choice between another small blade and a nail file, the latter has more utility.

A Vic Timepiece (correct name?); basically a Compact with a real clock on the handle. Got the last two at REI.com for a decent price :thumbup: I've been wanting one of those for the collection for a while.

I have an old Champion and bought two Climbers today. They were close outs from TJ, heck for 14.99 I bought two more for Christmas gifts..

A Vic Timepiece (correct name?); basically a Compact with a real clock on the handle. Got the last two at REI.com for a decent price :thumbup: I've been wanting one of those for the collection for a while.

I believe that that model is called the Timekeeper. It's a great SAK! I have one and it keeps better time than a lot of other watches.

- Tim

Thanks to that evil pusher-man guyon, I now have a vic outrider and vic champion + sitting on my desk right next to 4 other folders I already owned. I was amazed at how competitive the pricing on Vics from amazon was.

Thanks. My kickback from Amazon will come in handy this Xmas. :D

I have an old Champion and bought two Climbers today. They were close outs from TJ, heck for 14.99 I bought two more for Christmas gifts..

I may be able to get my child some new shoes with the extra kickback money from TJ Maxx. :thumbup: :p

I believe that that model is called the Timekeeper. It's a great SAK! I have one and it keeps better time than a lot of other watches.

- Tim

Right. I had it out the box, watch set and planning to EDC it about five minutes after getting it. :)

Vics.jpg

I think I need at least one silver alox. A Cadet maybe?

The nice thing about the Cadet is that they are available in just about any color you could possibly want right now! My Cadets are some of my favorite SAKs.
Cadet-Group-green.jpg

I just got a minichamp yesterday @ REI, which I really like. Very compact, yet full featured.

The one I have on the way however, is from REI-Outlet, online.

It's the Swiss Champ Plus, and with discounts, and their 20% off 1 item discount (you'll see this after you click on check out), the cost is $24.83, before taxes. If you have it shiped to a store, there isn't any shipping costs either.

Seems like a great deal to me. I've got one coming to me, and 2 as christmas presents (order each separately, and you'll get the 20% off, each time).

I think today is the last day of the extra 20% off @ REI's outlet store, online.

i just baught those ones to offer as christmas gift (for my father and step-father)

dscn1215smallll6.jpg

call "time-keeper"...guess why ?:D

dscn1216smallkx7.jpg

i hope they'll enjoy it !

That timekeeper is cool looking, I would like one of those myself.

Next is a red Recruit. I still have a black one, but lost my old beat up red one a few years ago. I don't know...for some reason the black just doesn't seem "right"?
Guess I've owned and gotten rid of over a dozen other models over time, but the ones I still have and use along with the Recruit are the Hiker, Classic, and Electrician Plus.

Back