Yup

No but seriously, my old reliable
i call my texas jack my "precious" because its so sleek and sexy
but, in reality, what can it do that my SI cant?

yup, patina, thats about it...
whats can my SI do that no other (non-sak/leatherman) pocket knife do?
yup, tons of stuff.

-I have a classic, and it stays on my keys, but i hardly remember its on there, its there so i cant really leave the house without a knife, even if i somehow forget my knife :eek:
-I have a farmer, and while its good, i really do notice the difference in width due to the 3rd layer. The saw is absolutely great, but i just don't use it often enough to justify the extra weight and girth. I don't even notice my SI in the pocket, i certainly notice the farmer in pocket.
-I have a black pioneer. purty thing she is too. JUST like my SI, in fact, bought her as a back up if something unmentionable ever happened to my Old reliable. Just like the SI, except, she ain't. While the tools are tad snappier, and the blade has a bit prettier leaf blade shape, she has a key ring. And my hands are large enough that the dang thing digs into my palm when i grip her hard or bear down. I might end up grinding the keyring off one day, but i doubt i'll bother unless something ever happens to the SI.

I find that i am as guilty as most, i took my old reliable for granted, she just always been there when needed, ready to be called upon. Finally one day, i realized, whenever my day had a bit of the unknown, bad weather, doing some travel, i took the SI...you know, just in case. After awhile it finally dawned on me, why am i not giving her the credit she is due? So while my 2nd knife may change, and change often, the one (cutlery) constant in my life, is the beautiful SI in my front left pocket

Yup, that's about the big and small of it!:D

I've often referred to my Wenger SI as my old war horse. It's the one I pick if things are going to get down and dirty, or I'm not sure of what is going to happen. The alox SAK is very reassuring in hand. The tools you need with none that you don't.

12994438373_16dc3fe1f8_z.jpg

I usually have 93mm ALOX (mostly Soldiers) in every emergency/wildfire/evac bag but lately, they are stored together so I can photograph them.

yeah i think when i get a little more $$ saved up, i'm gonna have to hunt me down a back up...since they are discontinued, i need to get one or two for JUST IN CASE
*dun dun Dunnnnnnnnnn*

yeah i think when i get a little more $$ saved up, i'm gonna have to hunt me down a back up...since they are discontinued, i need to get one or two for JUST IN CASE
*dun dun Dunnnnnnnnnn*

That's how I started. I wanted backups, then needed back ups for the backups and all of a sudden, I'm a collector. ;)

You really should pick up a couple before they become wildly "collectable".... :eek:

Yup...

According to the conversation above - I could bite my a§§ as I haven´t been more on the SIs when they were still around on almost every corner. I always thought "You can buy 'em later, Wenger will not close in NO way."

I rescued several but not that much as I should have done :foot:

I bought two of the Wenger SI's several weeks ago from the guy north of the border when they were $39.00 each...now it's $59.00 each. I suppose the collectability has already been established due to Wenger's sudden demise, so at $59.00, it's probably a bargain.

Back