“Badonkadonk Blade” or “Knife With a Big But”…

timberweasel

Platinum Member
I find a near-perfect knife more frustrating than an outright crappy one. There are knives that would be great… BUT… something is amiss. Maybe it’s a cheap blade coating or an awkward lock. Perhaps the handle material doesn’t feel quite right or has a few ‘hot-spots.’ Maybe the clip doesn’t work very well or keeps falling off. Whatever it is, it’s a source of constant irritation; a minor flaw or design oversight that makes an otherwise ‘great’ knife seem only ‘good.’

I have a Kershaw Blur. I dig the knife… BUT… the pocket clip doesn’t work for me. It’s too narrow with a shallow carry. If I force the knife into my pocket to the top of the clip, I feel like I’m giving myself a frickin’ wedgie every time I pull it out again--it clings to my pocket with the tenacity of an insistent bill collector. The clip issue isn't a really a big deal (more of a pet peeve really,) but until I decide whether to try bending the clip out some or just go with a lanyard, I can seldom stand to EDC it… :grumpy:

Do you have a knife with a big ‘but'? :D

**old photos deleted**

Please excuse the shoddy quality. I'm sure my Blackberry's photo capabilities exceeds my ability to use them. Hopefully these pix will illustrate what I'm talking about (the last pic is of the Spyderco Persistence.)

Last edited:
There are some really good custom clip makers on these forums. Might wanna check into that. I believe a custom clip would cost you around $30.

Back