¿why forum prices are higher than busse´s website?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, as you might deduce, I´m new in the Busse´s world...after much relutancy, a couple dozen knives in my collection, it came the time to accept I´m badly hooked up...

I want to get my first Busse, and after visiting Busse combat site, I noticed prices at the site are lower than prices at the forum...¿how come?...¿do one has to wait to get busse´s knives from the factory?... because I can´t come up with any other explanation...I´m refearing to the team gemini and the argone...the only ones at the moment on the site.

anyway, I was thinking about getting a user BM -priced accordingly-, because I´ve seen people asking ridiculous numbers for beaten up ones...that makes anyone go for a factory-like-new and distroy it one self...LOL...
FEEL FREE TO OFFER ME YOURS or EVEN SUGGEST ANOTHER son of the Busse´s family...

2013 WILL BE MY BUSSE YEAR!!!!

I think it has partly to do with immediately available on the forum, no wait time.
Some knives are priced higher due to supply and demand....many knives no longer in production.

She is right. It's all supply and demand. If it is what you want than you don't have the Busse two weeks to deal with. Some are worth more because how rare they are or how few unused ones left in the market. Some of the prices are way out of line but others are happy with the price.

People likely charge for the knife+their shipping costs (ie: Team Gemini+Busse shipping= roughly $352. Team Gemini+Busse Shipping+re-shipment costs=roughly $367). I've seen sellers charge WAYYYY more then the factory price for knives that were still available direct. The only reason I can fathom is that they're hoping to take financial advantage of some one who shares their interest, and isn't aware it can be obtained at a more cost-effective price. I find it to be in poor taste, and don't much care for it.

Your best defense is to become an educated buyer, and you have clearly started that process.

Yes, if you order off the site, you will have to wait. Some buyers would rather have immediate satisfaction, and will then pay a premium over list. The free market accomodates buyers and sellers. If you want a TG, then you will probably do better to order it direct. Many folk are predicting that resale will rise after that model is no longer available from Busse. You never know ... I missed the order window on the CABS; later one popped up for sale just under list, and I was lucky to grab it.

There are many flavors of the Battle Mistress, try to figure out which you want and post a WTB. You can't read that forum, but you can start a thread, and see your own.

I tend to order at factory prices (or jump on Ganza offerings).

But, honestly, you can find deals on the exchange if you lurk.

Many new Busse buyers are buying them with the express intent of gouging others. There are buyers who go to shows and buy boxes and boxes full, with no intent to use or enjoy them. The day they are delivered, the are listed for sale on Ebay for a 40% or more mark up. They are preying on uneducated buyers.

If you don't know how or where to get a Busse, you won't be aware that these prices are greatly inflated.

Try to help these new guys and gals out and direct them here!

You will find that the prices on the exchange are much more reasonable than what you typically see as the "buy it now" prices on Ebay.

True auctions (where the blades have no or low reserve) will give you a better idea of the value of knives, than the silly "buy it now for a 300% mark up prices".

I have bought and sold many of my Busse at or below factory pricing.

I just sold a BAD with two sheaths for $260, when they were selling for as much as 300- 350.

You also need to find reliable sellers. There are sellers that buy Busse in volume because they are collectors, but they will end up selling them at their cost later to us lucky Hogs who cannot attend shows.

I have received two knives from recent shows at show prices thanks to great hogs.

Knifehunter is one that comes to mind. He moves a lot of Busse, and does so frequently at a loss to him self! He could easily be turning a big profit, but that is not what these knives represent to him. He treats others on this forum like friends and family.

For some of these high volume buyers, the point is in the "disease". They want the new models, new variations. They buy a whole bunch at every show, not because they have the thought of selling them to you at a huge mark up, but because they are collecting, and looking for that next great score. Then Busse releases more models, and new variations, and some old stuff has to go!

This is where we fit in, if we don't have enough money to go to the shows, or order tons at every ganza. You wait, and stalk, and pounce on a good deal from one of these reliable Hogs!

This also helps Busse continue on making more great models and selling more.

There are many, many examples of this too (JAXX and many others come to mind).

Another problem is that many new buyers think that the instant the model is discontinued direct from Busse, they are going to go up in price.

The older models really are worth much more now. But they have had 10 to 20 years to become so valuable.

Your model, if bought direct, and kept pristine might go up in value like that eventually, but Busse is turning out a ton more models and numbers than they ever did 10 or 20 years ago, so the rarity is not the same.

Buy what you like, whether to collect or use. Make smart buying decisions (look at prices direct, but more importantly, look at what they are selling for now on the exhange).

Last edited:
Thanks a lot bigfattyt, thanks for taking the time for such a comprehensive answer. Yes i discovered hunter a few days ago, but i havent been able to get him to answer me.

Thanks Ty for the kind words. :)

^^^partner I just moved and had wild weekend since Voracious and Suzeq whe're in town. I got email from someone Friday and I replied. My Comcast address is no longer ....try knifehunter at gmail dot com

Welcome to the madness:)

thanks ty for the kind words. :)

^^^partner i just moved and had wild weekend since voracious and suzeq whe're in town. I got email from someone friday and i replied. My comcast address is no longer ....try knifehunter at gmail dot com

welcome to the madness:)

you allready reached me...i answered, and i´m waiting to hear from you again. Tks.

That better not be Spanish for "No Pork"!!

L.O.L...¿Why not?...

I like "¡¡¡Me gusta el puerco!!!" Much, much better....I´m gonna write something like that on my first Hog´s blade. LOL...or much better ..."¿Tienes puerco?"= ¿Got hog?... you bet I will..

By the way...I´M STILL WAITING FOR SOMEONE WITH A USER-MISTRESS WILLING TO LET HER GO. Thanks....That´ll be..."my puerquita" hahaha..."my little hog-ess" or something like that...

Last edited:
Hi guys, as you might deduce, I´m new in the Busse´s world...after much relutancy, a couple dozen knives in my collection, it came the time to accept I´m badly hooked up...

I want to get my first Busse, and after visiting Busse combat site, I noticed prices at the site are lower than prices at the forum...¿how come?...¿do one has to wait to get busse´s knives from the factory?... because I can´t come up with any other explanation...I´m refearing to the team gemini and the argone...the only ones at the moment on the site.

anyway, I was thinking about getting a user BM -priced accordingly-, because I´ve seen people asking ridiculous numbers for beaten up ones...that makes anyone go for a factory-like-new and distroy it one self...LOL...
FEEL FREE TO OFFER ME YOURS or EVEN SUGGEST ANOTHER son of the Busse´s family...

As

As a Busse collector since 1994, I find the pursuit a little like killing deer. Without the hunt it's just boring. That's the value ot the exchange and even of ganzas. It's not Walmart.

How times change....I lol'd when I saw the comment about the reseller/dealer that moves a lot of Busse's, often at a loss. That was my first clue that it was an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back