“Ghost”? Shshll

I was wondering if any of you more seasoned hogs may have some info on the blade pictured below. Was this considered the ghost shsh? One of you still on here must be a previous owner? Who did the work? I know there’s a story ... Thanks in advance. Have a good day!!
Bottom knife 61D6E408-D569-47FF-962E-627E580A0927.jpegB60D6664-C015-438E-838C-831D067DCEE7.jpeg DFCD6CBD-A15D-4C86-9340-78B419E3886A.jpeg

I don’t think it’s an etch job. Looks to me like it had a Busse satin finish put on but then was used and then someone else tried a satin finish. I’m sure someone will know it’s history.

Yeh looks like someone cleaned her up but wanted to keep the logo so they just went around it. These are way before my Busse experience but nice lookin knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The knife does look like a Ghost. The ones that I have seen did have that squarish area like the logo had been taped off before a satin finish..that said, and maybe it's just that pic, but it's possible that someone re-taped, re-applied a ghetto satin.

I'm not sure if those were the first etched logos or if it was just a small run that everything didn't go right, but the etch didn't take all the way. Per badmojo.net, there were 6 ghosts made.

Added: Hmm...maybe they don't all have that squarish area. That may be the one that I've seen in person and had considered "normal" for the ghosts. I found a pic posted by Mamun of his:

Busse-SHSHIIG-5.JPG

Last edited:
you can tell that the Busse logo was taped over at least once when the blade was being finished.

IMG_4820.JPG IMG_4813.JPG

That's pretty cool, I see where this one may have come from. Somebody was probably drunk when they spine etched it....

IMG_4836.PNG IMG_4837.PNG Seen some more sides that are almost "ghost" like In that you only here them and rarely seen....

Found this on zknives
Got this one resently. Famous second generation Steel Heart knife from Busse combat Line. Now discontinued by the way. Though the newer Steel Heart E available ;) I've mentioned several times, visually, SH II looks more appealing to me than the new one :) Obviously I couldn't pass this one :)
Obviously, this knife is a collectible piece, not a user. Discontinued model, only 3 were made with this type of finish (called Ghost finish) and Busse name etched on the blade. IMHO looks very cool. And it's an INFI blade after all. Though, when I have a chance, I'll definitely use it ;) Why not, Busse knives can take a lot, designed for heavy duty use in rough conditions.
Overall, I think it's a great knife. Dimensions are slightly different than on the standard SH II, though the differences are tenth of inch probably. The blade on the variant is slightly shorter and wider, than on the origninal one. The sheath is also different, it's an Advantage Camo. Later when I get some more time & better pix. I'll certainly update this page :)

Specifications:

• Model - Steel Heart II variant;
  • Blade - 177.80mm(7")
  • Thickness - 6.35mm
  • OAL - 285.75mm(11.25")
  • Steel - INFI steel at 58-60HRC
  • Handle - Micarta
  • Acquired - 07/2003 Price - 500.00$
  • Warranty - Unconditional Lifetime;D7C4A832-EBB5-4049-8973-C5352E4FE538.jpegso I’m thinking the one I posted is a ghost shsh and whomever had it just tried to protect the laser etch when trying to put a new satin finish on it. Any other info would be helpful. Thanks.

Are the pics in this thread the only 3 ghost Busses ever made then? If so how cool, if not still cool! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks more like a refinish job to me. I think it started out like this

AUY6yZp.jpg

Agreed Cobalt. someone refinished it with a satin job while taping off the Busse logo .Was just looking for info on these rare birds. I’ve googled, and searched this forum every which way I can. And now that pb f’d everyone old pics are no more. Thanks.

Well, that was a bit of an issue. Shephard customs did it. Eric is his name. He does amazing work, but there has been lots of complaints about him getting anything finished. I think he means well, but is very disorganized and tends to forget what he needs to do. The handles are ghost G10. I have more of it if you want some. This G10 has the same texture and feel as Canvas micarta for some reason. Nice warm rough texture

Back