“Sharpened by”

luethge

Platinum Member
4859CE65-1059-498C-8FD6-4082D83C95CE.jpeg C53D55FC-1B0D-4EA3-881E-350C62B82617.jpeg BF1FFCCE-E6D5-4726-B6BD-B5884C3871C2.jpeg

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Alex for always putting a nice, consistently ground edge on the knives you’ve sharpened!

I’ve had / have more than a few ...

5 min on a strop and it’s slicing like a Stanley box cutter ( almost ).

( I realize this is a swamp rat knife , but it’s INFI , I’ll move it to the appropriate thread if need be)

Last edited:
That's a damn good looking blade.
Congratulations.
P.S. Busse does a wonderful coating job.

Not all knives have the sharpened by stickers anymore.

I miss seeing who sharpened my knives.

And that reminds me, I wonder if Beef left, or is doing something different?

Of the knife sharpened by stickers I have seen, I haven't seen his name in a long time.

Yeah, sucks they stopped putting those stickers on the cardboard sheaths.

I don't know who or what has changed but the edges on my last few blades have been way more even from one side to the other than they used to be.

I’ll second this. Alex sharpened knives are very consistent and sharp for Busse. Most recent was my Park Ranger!:thumbsup:

I too really like the two stickers on my Tactical cardboard sheaths. "Sharpened By" & "Inspected By". I wonder why they quit using them. I definitely noticed a difference in the last knives I received with stickers and the Sharpened by sticker had Garth's name on it. I have a few others with issues near the belly/tip that were sharpened by someone else.
Surfsidemel

I don't know who sharpened the BG FBM that I just received in the mail today, but DA**, they did and EXCELLENT job. One of the best ones I've received. Combine that with the heft of a 1/4" thick 10" blade, and you've got a serious cutter!

I miss the "sharpened by" stickers too... Speculation ahead... I wonder if customers were getting picky about who was sharpening their blades, which would have led to special requests and thus production delays... ergo the current demise of these stickers? Again, simply speculating.

I miss the "sharpened by" stickers too... Speculation ahead... I wonder if customers were getting picky about who was sharpening their blades, which would have led to special requests and thus production delays... ergo the current demise of these stickers? Again, simply speculating.
You’re probably correct about the reason behind the absence of stickers.
As for no word of “Beef,” I’d bet good money the BG FBM I mentioned above was sharpened by Beef. I’ve gotten others sharpened by others, but the ones I’ve gotten by Beef or Garth (only 1by Garth, I think) have been the best. But this one seems to have the toothiness and bevel that I’ve seen only from Beef.

Yes I do recall a couple of people asking how to request a knife be sharpened by a specific person. I can also see how this could be a PITA to the manufacture process. My Urgent Fury is VERY sharp !!!!

Yes I do recall a couple of people asking how to request a knife be sharpened by a specific person. I can also see how this could be a PITA to the manufacture process. My Urgent Fury is VERY sharp !!!!

Any urgent fury pics ? Please.

Back