Recommendation? ”Urban like Knife”

CAD

Greetings!!
I need some help in finding a new knife! I just love how my Urban k390 feels and cuts... but not overly impressed with Spyderco’s take on the slipjoint. With that being said...what locking knife would you suggest has the Urban size, feel and slicing ability?

Thanks in advance!!

Greetings!!
I need some help in finding a new knife! I just love how my Urban k390 feels and cuts... but not overly impressed with Spyderco’s take on the slipjoint. With that being said...what locking knife would you suggest has the Urban size, feel and slicing ability?

Thanks in advance!!
Dragonfly 2.

Also Delica, Chaparral, Sage, or Caly 3 for something larger but still slicy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAD
I would actually say that the native may replicate the feel of the urban’s index choil.

Dragonfly 2 and Chaparral looks promising!
Dfly is a great little EDC knife. I often carry mine when I want discretion, and it is small and the clip secure enough that I can carry it with athletic shorts. It is also (barely) big enough that I can get a four finger grip on it (the pinky is more of a half grip).

FRN Chaparral. I pretty much switch between that and my K390 Urban. The Chap is actually slicier, as it has thinner blade stock and is thinner behind the edge, but the K390 holds an edge much longer than the XHP.

The Caly is by far my favorite Spyderco. One has been my daily carry for the vast majority of the last 7 years. The 3 inch was last available in HAP40 and is very nice. I've seen it recently available on the web. Here are a few pics. Please excuse the quality as my camera and skills are both lacking. Hopefully they will help with size comparisons.

With the Caly 3 and Chaparral LW.
8eOJZHJ.jpg

With the CF Chaparral and Dragonfly
FvUS2AF.jpg

And my favorite, the Super Blue 3.5 with the 3.
tITqY0i.jpg

Last edited:
The Chaparral is what I carry most and the Urban is next. They have a similar feel. If you need a less expensive knife, the Cat is basically a liner lock Urban with BD1 steel.

Back