1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

From the rules section of the first OP:

- When you enter, you must declare entry into the challenge: I am starting the 1YC with this knife: ____________ starting now, ___ (the date)___, this is my ___ (1st, 2nd, 3rd try)___.

*NOTE: I'll even allow you to enter retroactively since you had that unique situation with your workplace where you thought you didn't qualify. ;):thumbsup:

From the rules section of the first OP:

- When you enter, you must declare entry into the challenge: I am starting the 1YC with this knife: ____________ starting now, ___ (the date)___, this is my ___ (1st, 2nd, 3rd try)___.

*NOTE: I'll even allow you to enter retroactively since you had that unique situation with your workplace where you thought you didn't qualify. ;):thumbsup:

Oh hell, I'm not actually trying to do this, it's just happening. No one is more surprised than I am.

The third time is a charm... hopefully!!!

After giving this a LOT of thought, I decided my EDC needs were mostly "small knife" needs. Really the only "Big knife" needs I had were breaking down all the cardboard we get, but that is done with a designated knife. I have carried one of these before and loved it, so hopefully that will still be true.

I think I'm going to enjoy having a great carry companion in such a small package!!!

So...

I am starting the 1YC with this knife: Small Inkosi starting now, May 31st, 2019. This is my 3rd and FINAL ATTEMPT!!!

NrxSD0f.jpg

Finally, just to make sure I don't actually strike out in my own thread, I have taken some pretty drastic measures and SOLD OFF all my other CRK's as a measure of insurance. After all:

7VwTrLA.jpg

Now that I'm back in it, I'll try to post an update picture at least once a week or so as it starts to develop some character.

Wish me luck. I'm sure I'm going to need it!!!

The third time is a charm... hopefully!!!

After giving this a LOT of thought, I decided my EDC needs were mostly "small knife" needs. Really the only "Big knife" needs I had were breaking down all the cardboard we get, but that is done with a designated knife. I have carried one of these before and loved it, so hopefully that will still be true.

I think I'm going to enjoy having a great carry companion in such a small package!!!

So...

I am starting the 1YC with this knife: Small Inkosi starting now, May 31st, 2019. This is my 3rd and FINAL ATTEMPT!!!

NrxSD0f.jpg

Finally, just to make sure I don't actually strike out in my own thread, I have taken some pretty drastic measures and SOLD OFF all my other CRK's as a measure of insurance. After all:

7VwTrLA.jpg

Now that I'm back in it, I'll try to post an update picture at least once a week or so as it starts to develop some character.

Wish me luck. I'm sure I'm going to need it!!!

Good luck! :D :D

Hell, I might as well declare it, have no idea when the honeymoon is going to wear off...... :)

I am starting the 1YC with this knife: _CF inlayed Inkosi #2_ starting now, _February 28_, this is my 1st try.

Inkosi_NumberedCF-Tree6.jpg

I made it through another month, so I’m now at five months and counting. Thankfully, the second half of the month was uneventful and non-dramatic -- no more misplacing my knife for three days and no more car accidents followed by ER visits with head injury, stitches and brain scans. Thankfully, the #1 black eye of a lifetime is now mostly gone in only two weeks, but the two scars will remain as permanent reminders.

I hope the rest of however long I stick with this challenge will be as uneventful as the second half of May was.

upload_2019-6-8_10-38-25.jpeg

Two months in and still hanging in there. I have to say the Inkosi action is night and day from when I first took it out of the box. I cleaned it up this morning and it is very smooth. The CF is holding up very well to daily carry, I can’t even tell that it has been carried. The titanium lock side is starting to show some snail trails adding some character. I still haven’t sharpened, the strop is still doing the trick. The itching to carry something different has pretty much subsided and the price of the knife doesn’t cross my mind as much as it did at first. I just carry it and use it and don’t worry about it.

I have been carring a large 21 with inlays, my 1st Sebenza, I went over to Wilson combat and ordered there large 21 starbenza' had to have to have it! mainly because I have a long history with them both shooting and having custom 1911's made by them in the 90's,there workmanship is unbeatable,team this up with Chris Reeves knifes and going to have one grate folder,'ll post when the knife gets hear.

I have been carring a large 21 with inlays, my 1st Sebenza, I went over to Wilson combat and ordered there large 21 starbenza' had to have to have it! mainly because I have a long history with them both shooting and having custom 1911's made by them in the 90's,there workmanship is unbeatable,team this up with Chris Reeves knifes and going to have one grate folder,'ll post when the knife gets hear.
On a very similar note, my large 21 with dark blue CF inlays--a 1/20 LE show special from the 2018 NYCKS--is my #2 EDC and my large 21 Star-Benza is my main (and exclusive since 12/18) EDC. You won’t be disappointed. Good luck with it.

Rule clarification request; Does a person have to start over if they send the knife off to get professionally sharpened. Just curious, in case I need to down the road.

Rule clarification request; Does a person have to start over if they send the knife off to get professionally sharpened. Just curious, in case I need to down the road.

You know I had never thought about maintenance like sharpening’s and things, because I do all my own.

How about this: If you send your 1YC knife our for maintenance (sharpening, trouble-shooting, or even a spa treatment) I would say that The clock will STOP for the time the blade is gone, and starts ticking again when you get it back PROVIDED you carry it again right away.

Does that sound fair?

You know I had never thought about maintenance like sharpening’s and things, because I do all my own.

How about this: If you send your 1YC knife our for maintenance (sharpening, trouble-shooting, or even a spa treatment) I would say that The clock will STOP for the time the blade is gone, and starts ticking again when you get it back PROVIDED you carry it again right away.

Does that sound fair?

Tub McGraw says that will suffice. :)

Tub_Inkosi-1.jpg

Hey everyone! I think this is a great idea and is something that I have wanted to try again, so here goes nothing.:thumbsup:

I am starting the 1YC with this knife: Small Inkosi Insingo starting now, 06/12/19, this is my 1st try.

Here she is with one of my most carried edc knives
oiMfQKd.jpg

I can't wait to see how the character develops over time!
DqpttuB.jpg

dsKOT5B.jpg

Back