1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

After seeing @Lone_Wolfe running the Hawk clip on her knives, as well as her epic clip comparison thread here: The Great Clip Comparison of 2018
I decided to try it out on this little Inkosi. I have ran these on a Large Sebenza's, as well as my Zaan's, but never tried one on a small knife before. After hearing about a member on the Facebook CRK fan page saying that it was the ONLY knife he liked the setup on, I decided to give it a try.

Here are a few quick pics of the new clip!

UxmC0kT.jpg

Mq4ev4V.jpg

I've only had this on a few days, but I really like it. It feels more secure, and doesn't rip up your pants pocket like the original clip does. Also, due to the small size of the knife, it seems to still fit the hand as well as before, too.

All in all, I'd say I'm happy, but I'm going to give it a few weeks to make sure it's not going to be a problem getting caught on seatbelts and such.

Have a great weekend everyone!

After seeing @Lone_Wolfe running the Hawk clip on her knives, as well as her epic clip comparison thread here: The Great Clip Comparison of 2018 I decided to try it out on this little Inkosi....
Coincidentally, I recently put an MXG deep carry clip on my EDC Sebenza. I like the out-of-sight height the MXG clip makes the knife ride at and I also like the less vise-like death-grip that the clip grabs onto my pants pocket with. I may try a Hawk clip next and I look forward to your further input on how it works out.

Who's Still "IN"???

OK guys, if you are still in the challenge, please add your info (screen name, entry date, # of tries") to this post so we can get a running total of who's still in. I know Firefighter guy is in the lead, and probably by a HUGE margin, but it would be nice to get a current count without having to go through the entire thread.

If you are still in, please COPY and Paste the list below and then add your info to it.

Thanks!!

*** 1 Year CRK Challenge - Who's Still In! ***

1. Firefighterguy:
2. Glock Guy: May 31st, 2019 - 3rd and Final Try!

1. Firefighterguy:
3. Stumpy 72: 1/1/2019, first try.
4. Dilinger: May 15th, 2019 - First Try

1. Firefighterguy:
5. Gastonian: 06/12/19 - First try

1. Firefighterguy:
6. Gizler00: June 11th, 2019 - First Try

I can't believe I forgot I made it another month as well.

Good thing I have some coffee now!!!

P.S. Really, REALLY liking the Hawk Clip on the Inkosi!

O0PTbRC.jpg

I'm guessing you polish the screws? Looks really nice! Can I ask what you use?

I'm guessing you polish the screws? Looks really nice! Can I ask what you use?

Mother's Mag polish on a dremel felt buffing drum. I've been doing it for a while, and it does give the knife a little extra "bling."

1. Firefighterguy:
7. C3X: January 19, 2019 - First Try

Mother's Mag polish on a dremel felt buffing drum. I've been doing it for a while, and it does give the knife a little extra "bling."

I use a strop with compound to polish the pivot screw and the end of the stop pin. I agree, it does make it pop visually.

I got my large 21 back from CRK today. I am going to do this challenge starting today through the end of 2019.

I do carry a SAK cadet everyday as well but only for the tools and not the blade.

1. Firefighterguy: December 1st, 2018 first try
7. C3X: January 19, 2019 - First Try

8 months down. 4 to go.

I made it 10 months with my small micarta Insingo Inkosi. What a knife.

However I stumbled upon a Shirogorov NeOn Zero that I had to have and now the Inkosi sits on the bed stand. ☹️

When a small CF 31 ever comes to market I may be challenged to keep using the Zero. I thought for sure my Inkosi would make it.

I made it 10 months with my small micarta Insingo Inkosi. What a knife. However I stumbled upon a Shirogorov NeOn Zero that I had to have and now the Inkosi sits on the bed stand. ☹️ When a small CF 31 ever comes to market I may be challenged to keep using the Zero. I thought for sure my Inkosi would make it.
Sorry to see you toss a 10-month run, but "que sera, sera.” I’ve grabbed more than a couple grails I’d been lusting after since I started this challenge, but I haven’t carried any of them yet. It made me ache at first, but since they’ve now been in storage for a few months the ache isn’t as bad. I may (???) actually make it through the year. The biggest hurdle for me to clear will be if I go to the NYCKS and grab something(S) really special this year. There are ~40 days between the NYCKS and the end of my challenge year and those may be the most difficult days of the year for me.

Back