1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

3 Months Down!!!
Another month is in the books, and I'm still going strong. It's been 3 months now, and the small Inkosi is still doing everything I ask of it, and I forget I'm even carrying it most times.

No new itch yet, but the new Large 31 I ordered a while back should be delivered in the next few months so this will have a big brother soon.

Here's a quick picture with my other new addition: The Seiko Prospex "Arnie" (SBEQ001).

RADNL85.jpg

Great to hear. I've been flipping back and forth between my large 21 and my Mnandi.

Yeah I had to drop out. I was doing great until I decided to clean the rest of my knives and had the urge to bust out my BM Contego. It was fun to try though. I'm at least a 2 knife guy it seems

upload_2019-10-6_20-3-18.jpeg

Two days till I hit the 6 month mark and still going strong. So far little urge to carry any other knives although I have added a few more CF Sebenza’s to my collection. Gave the Inkosi a good workout over the weekend at a west Texas hunting lease while preparing for this years deer hunting season.

If hospital time and airplane trips don't count, I've carried my small inkosi every day for over a year. Except for special occasions, (mainly church, I've carried it most of the time for three years. Its just routine to move it from one pair of pants to another.

Last edited:
If hospital time and airplane trips don't count, I've carried my small inkosi every day for over a year. Its just routine to move it from one pair of pants to another.

I’ve noticed I do that, too. When I switch pants or shorts, I just move my wallet and knife from one pair to the other as a routine. It’s quick and simple!

Just saw this post for the first time and not sure why anyone would subject themselves to such a cruel form of punishment. But, if I were to only carry one knife it would without a doubt be my Lg 21.

Stopped 13 days short of a year. It was a great challenge and I learned a lot. I’ll try and do some comparison pics. I’d recommend the challenge to anyone. Teaches you a lot about a knife.

WHAT?!!!

What made you quit with 2 weeks left??

And more importantly, what was the knife that kicked the Sebenza out of your pocket???

Stopped 13 days short of a year. It was a great challenge and I learned a lot. I’ll try and do some comparison pics. I’d recommend the challenge to anyone. Teaches you a lot about a knife.
Out with less than two weeks before completing the full year? Ouch! I’ve still got >5 weeks left to go and I can’t think of anything I’d allow to knock me off the rails at this point.

WHAT?!!!

What made you quit with 2 weeks left??

And more importantly, what was the knife that kicked the Sebenza out of your pocket???

Out with less than two weeks before completing the full year? Ouch! I’ve still got >5 weeks left to go and I can’t think of anything I’d allow to knock me off the rails at this point.
It wasn’t any knife that kicked it out of my pocket. I purposefully chose to stop the challenge. Been working on myself a lot lately and pride is a major struggle for me. I was only doing the challenge for prideful reasons so I decided to stop doing it to humble myself. Just my own personal struggles and reasons for doing it!
I’m probably going to sell all my other knives and just carry the Sebenza now. The only situations I ever needed another knife is when I was wearing gym shorts. It’s too heavy for that. During the past year I just wouldn’t carry anything. I might get a bugout or a dragonfly and have the perfect pair to cover any situation.

Thanks for your answer, and I get where you are coming from.

The challenge was a personal humbling for me, too. I wanted to show myself that one really is enough. Is it the most fun? No, and there is nothing wrong with owning nice knives regardless whether you ever cut something with them or not.

I think we all get something out of this hobby, but it's good to be able recognize when a good thing becomes a bad thing. It sounds like you did just that.

Congrats on making it so far, and best of luck to you!

Back