1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Glock Guy, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Glock Guy

Glock Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2012
    3 Months Down!!!
    Another month is in the books, and I'm still going strong. It's been 3 months now, and the small Inkosi is still doing everything I ask of it, and I forget I'm even carrying it most times.

No new itch yet, but the new Large 31 I ordered a while back should be delivered in the next few months so this will have a big brother soon.

Here's a quick picture with my other new addition: The Seiko Prospex "Arnie" (SBEQ001).

[​IMG]

Lady1911, gastonian, Talus and 2 others like this.
  2. Talus

Talus

Jun 11, 2012
    Great to hear. I've been flipping back and forth between my large 21 and my Mnandi.

3. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2018
    Another month done. That’s nine. Three left to go.

4. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    Yeah I had to drop out. I was doing great until I decided to clean the rest of my knives and had the urge to bust out my BM Contego. It was fun to try though. I'm at least a 2 knife guy it seems

Lone_Wolfe and Glock Guy like this.
  5. TexMac

TexMac Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2017
    upload_2019-10-6_20-3-18.jpeg

Two days till I hit the 6 month mark and still going strong. So far little urge to carry any other knives although I have added a few more CF Sebenza’s to my collection. Gave the Inkosi a good workout over the weekend at a west Texas hunting lease while preparing for this years deer hunting season.

zachG23, Lone_Wolfe and Glock Guy like this.
  6. slims_88

slims_88

Sep 11, 2015
    My crossbreed super tuck had too much material. I gave it a combat cut so I can get a full firing grip on my pistol.

15704108461553592834094146131496.jpg

HST and Glock Guy like this.
  7. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    If hospital time and airplane trips don't count, I've carried my small inkosi every day for over a year. Except for special occasions, (mainly church, I've carried it most of the time for three years. Its just routine to move it from one pair of pants to another.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Lone_Wolfe and Glock Guy like this.
  8. Glock Guy

Jul 28, 2012
    I’ve noticed I do that, too. When I switch pants or shorts, I just move my wallet and knife from one pair to the other as a routine. It’s quick and simple!

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  9. slims_88

slims_88

Sep 11, 2015
    Why do you not have it in pocket at church?

10. WHT

WHT Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2016
    Because I carry a mnandi to church.

11. Glock Guy

Jul 28, 2012
    Another month in the books, so time to celebrate with some great doughnuts!!!

Here's a quick pic of the small Inkosi with its even smaller brother...

[​IMG]

Lady1911, Lone_Wolfe and gastonian like this.
  12. Stumpy72

Jul 5, 2018
    Another month done. Ten down and two left to go. I’m looking forward to January.

13. Southern Gent

Southern Gent KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2015
    Just saw this post for the first time and not sure why anyone would subject themselves to such a cruel form of punishment. But, if I were to only carry one knife it would without a doubt be my Lg 21.

Lady1911 and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  14. HST

HST

Apr 2, 2015
    I’ve carried my ‘Zaan for a year straight. I have plenty of CRKs, some still new in box.

I just keep grabbing the ‘Zaan.

I’m always amazed how we find ways complicate our lives. #firstworldproblems

15. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Still kicking it!! Not sure how many months it’s been.

HST likes this.
  16. firefighterguy

firefighterguy

Sep 30, 2014
    Stopped 13 days short of a year. It was a great challenge and I learned a lot. I’ll try and do some comparison pics. I’d recommend the challenge to anyone. Teaches you a lot about a knife.

gastonian, Glock Guy and Lady1911 like this.
  17. Glock Guy

Jul 28, 2012
    WHAT?!!!

What made you quit with 2 weeks left??

And more importantly, what was the knife that kicked the Sebenza out of your pocket???

Dcdavis and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  18. Stumpy72

Jul 5, 2018
    Out with less than two weeks before completing the full year? Ouch! I’ve still got >5 weeks left to go and I can’t think of anything I’d allow to knock me off the rails at this point.

Dcdavis, Glock Guy and Lone_Wolfe like this.
  19. firefighterguy

firefighterguy

Sep 30, 2014
    It wasn’t any knife that kicked it out of my pocket. I purposefully chose to stop the challenge. Been working on myself a lot lately and pride is a major struggle for me. I was only doing the challenge for prideful reasons so I decided to stop doing it to humble myself. Just my own personal struggles and reasons for doing it!
    I’m probably going to sell all my other knives and just carry the Sebenza now. The only situations I ever needed another knife is when I was wearing gym shorts. It’s too heavy for that. During the past year I just wouldn’t carry anything. I might get a bugout or a dragonfly and have the perfect pair to cover any situation.

20. Glock Guy

Jul 28, 2012
    Thanks for your answer, and I get where you are coming from.

The challenge was a personal humbling for me, too. I wanted to show myself that one really is enough. Is it the most fun? No, and there is nothing wrong with owning nice knives regardless whether you ever cut something with them or not.

I think we all get something out of this hobby, but it's good to be able recognize when a good thing becomes a bad thing. It sounds like you did just that.

Congrats on making it so far, and best of luck to you!

Dcdavis and gastonian like this.