1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

Well......I’m out.

And I know what the issue is...............

BLADEFORUMS....!

The first 6 months I was not really on here and I did not get curious about other knives. Well........about 2 months ago the bugout caught my eye and I started watching videos and reading about it. And then finally ordered one. And I must say, it has officially kicked my small Seb out.

I need to STAY OFF HERE!!!

PS...I’ll be back. I was fondling the Seb last night.

Well......I’m out.

And I know what the issue is...............

BLADEFORUMS....!

The first 6 months I was not really on here and I did not get curious about other knives. Well........about 2 months ago the bugout caught my eye and I started watching videos and reading about it. And then finally ordered one. And I must say, it has officially kicked my small Seb out.

I need to STAY OFF HERE!!!

PS...I’ll be back. I was fondling the Seb last night.

Well you made it twice as long as I did! :D :D

That's 8 Months in the books as of today!

s9hQ2m5.jpg

Good morning all,
It’s time for me to commit. I know that my two weeks isn’t up until tomorrow but I’ll not be able to post tomorrow and honestly this knife rode with me 11 shifts with 20 hours OT over the last 13 days so it’s proven itself very capable off doing all I need in a edc knife..

This is the knife I’ve chosen to be my one and only for the next year. A small Micarta Insingo Sebenza 21, DOB Aug 14 2018 starting now 01March20 this is my 1st try.View attachment 1294027View attachment 1294029

Well that didn’t last long...
Today just didn’t go as planned. At 6 am this morning my darling daughter the spoiled rotten 19 year old college sophomore, walks into the kitchen and says “ Pop, if you haven’t bought me anything for my birthday do you think we could just call it a wash with the $475 I’m supposed to pay you back next week?” I immediately had two thoughts;

1. Holy crap she was actually going to pay me back for the brake job I paid for on her car last month!
2. Looks like I just became the owner of a small Wilson insingo Sebenza!

I kissed her on her forehead as I have everyday for almost 19 years and said “ of course honey” she smiled and walked away none the wiser of of the awesome knife she just missed out on. Of course she will end up with it eventually but until that day...View attachment 1295046

I’m out! I’ll be back in a couple of weeks. Now to go list my small lightly used Micarta insingo on the exchange.

The first week is always the hardest--much like quitting smoking, drinking or any other habit. That’s why I didn’t formally commit to this challenge until I was >8 weeks (instead of the suggested 2 weeks) into it. I quit smoking many times (around Y2K), so I still remember how that went. Best of luck with your next try.

Thank you. I really think I would have been fine had the Wilson become my daughters Bday gift as planned. Once that went south I knew I wasn’t going to sell it or leave it in the box. Oh well if life was only filled with these types of issues!

It’s official, I won’t be able to join in this challenge. There is just no way I can choose between my small Micarta insingo and my small Wilson insingo so the Micarta will become my work carry and the Wilson my not at work carry. I choose the Micarta for work because the slightly thicker scales allow a bit easier opening with gloves on.

It’s official, I won’t be able to join in this challenge. There is just no way I can choose between my small Micarta insingo and my small Wilson insingo so the Micarta will become my work carry and the Wilson my not at work carry. I choose the Micarta for work because the slightly thicker scales allow a bit easier opening with gloves on.

2 great choices that will serve you well!

I made it one full year- purchased Large lefty 21 last March. Didn't post here because I thought I would have dropped out after a little while. It was easier than I thought. I took the clip off and put in the clip insert and just dropped it in my pocket every morning. Will it make it another full year? Probably not. I have a small lefty double thumb lug Lunar Landing that everyone is telling me to carry and enjoy :D. So even if it won't be carried every day, I will be switching back and forth. Now, I have been looking at an Insingo Sebenza...........

upload_2020-4-8_11-31-42.jpeg

1 year completed!!
4-08-19 to 4-08-20

The year went by faster than I thought it would. I carried the large carbon fiber Inkosi every single day of this past year and used it for all sorts of daily tasks from breaking down boxes to stripping out electrical cable. I set the secondary bevel once and have touched up on a sharpmaker and stropped about once a week. I must say that I’ve been very happy with the toughness of the S35VN as CR heat treats it. I used this blade for some questionable tasks for sure and have had no chipping or edge damage. At least nothing that required more than sharpmaker fine stones to touch up. I have also been thrilled with how well the carbon fiber had held up. There is no visible wear except the usual snail trails on the titanium lock side. Now I just have to decide if this knife will remain my daily edc or do I swap it out. I might try a large 21 carbon fiber insingo for a while, I bought one at the same time I bought this Inkosi and have never carried it since I was trying to complete this challenge. Good luck to everyone still trying to make it to the one year mark and everyone try to stay safe in these trying times.

I applaud each and every one of you! I'm on a flexible rotation, and blessed to have the choices I do.... I could go a year with any one of them, but one lucky-- so-- and--so to not have to!

Back