1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

Im on the fence of trying this...

I have a few CRKs I can choose from and thats the issue.. but possibly I'd try this with my Impinda or my Box elder L31.

Decisions..Decisions....

I have now had this Mnandi in my pocket for the last year and I can say that I am beyond pleased with it! It just checks all of the right boxes for me, it is in the sweet spot as far a size is concerned, the blade steel holds an edge reasonably well and is super easy to sharpen on either my Sharpmaker or my Spyderco benchstones. It is very easy on the eyes and the handle shape is very comfortable for a knife of this size.
I do admit that I am an office worker and my cutting chores are generally not all that heavy. I have a fixed blade hanging on the wall in my garage for the really hard stuff but as an EDC I doubt that I could find anything more suited to me.

VTWwXFB.jpg

46tEM5J.jpg

oEwSd5X.jpg

I have now had this Mnandi in my pocket for the last year and I can say that I am beyond pleased with it! It just checks all of the right boxes for me, it is in the sweet spot as far a size is concerned, the blade steel holds an edge reasonably well and is super easy to sharpen on either my Sharpmaker or my Spyderco benchstones. It is very easy on the eyes and the handle shape is very comfortable for a knife of this size.
I do admit that I am an office worker and my cutting chores are generally not all that heavy. I have a fixed blade hanging on the wall in my garage for the really hard stuff but as an EDC I doubt that I could find anything more suited to me.
The Mnandi just doesn’t get the credit it deserves as a modern pocket knife. Fully capable of all the normal daily tasks most of us will use a pocket knife for.
Last nights after work pocket dump, 16 months next week and real doubts that will ever change.
View attachment 1698958

Last edited:
17 months today and still going strong everyday. I have decided that I am going to added a larger folder to my not in the office carry to augment the G19 and Malkoff MD3/M91T. Have a nib Gen 4 XM-18 harpoon spanto (’zaan was my first choice but the blade is longer then legal in my city) in-route to fill that roll but the Mnandi will always be in the bottom of my pocket. This little knife has become as much good luck charm-worry bead as daily tool. Without a doubt my favorite knife of all times.
View attachment 1722918

Last edited:
17 months today and still going strong everyday. I have decided that I am going to added a larger folder to my not in the office carry to augment the G19 and Malkoff MD3/M91T. Have a nib Gen 4 XM-18 harpoon spanto (’zaan was my first choice but the blade is longer then legal in my city) in-route to fill that roll but the Mnandi will always be in the bottom of my pocket. This little knife has become as much good luck charm-worry bead as daily tool. Without a doubt my favorite knife of all times.
View attachment 1722918
I REALLY like that carbon fiber inlay on the Mnandi! BTW: Thank you for the flashlight; I recently stole it back from my Wife. 😁

I REALLY like that carbon fiber inlay on the Mnandi! BTW: Thank you for the flashlight; I recently stole it back from my Wife. 😁
Thank you. It really fits the sleek lines and modern materials of the knife. And you are welcome and glad she likes it!

Last edited:
18 months and 5 days and the streak ends today. About to catch a flight to Vegas and no way I am trusting the thugs TSA hires in Omaha to not take my precious from my bag. Ill fall back to dancing with who brung me for the rest of this week and slip a Buck 303 into the bag for vacation carry.View attachment 1749273
with travel beginning to be more normal, I have to figure out how to carry and what to bring. Normally I prefer to do just carry on. Are you concerned with tsa and checked luggage as well?

with travel beginning to be more normal, I have to figure out how to carry and what to bring. Normally I prefer to do just carry on. Are you concerned with tsa and checked luggage as well?
It’s just the checked I worry about. If I were traveling alone I would be carry on only and I’d just buy a new knife in Vegas. However with the Mrs and daughter we had enough baggage to invade Ukraine ( too soon?)

I “this guy” am starting my journey on March 13 2022 to carry just one CRK as my folder for the next year as part of the *One CRK for 1 year challenge.*

It’s a Feb 2022 birthday small Sebenza 31 in s45vn with black micarta inlays. I’ve only had for a week but it’s been in my pocket the whole time. I’ve only got one other modern folder with no desire for others so I’m hoping this will be easy. Not saying it’s impossible to be tempted by others.. I’ve seen what this thread does to people…

I’ve got the slightest amount of dare I say “lock play” but it’s worked it’s way out mostly over a week. I can barely detect it now with tough hand so I doubt it’ll affect lockup. Seems the ceramic ball has created a deeper groove over opening and closing cycles.

I’m going to be carrying either just one small GEC or Case slipjoint for cutting tape, threads, and fruit in front of the damned sheeple.. am I allowed to rotate out my slipjoint collection or am I stuck with just one of these too? If not I’d better choose wisely..

I’ll update with photos of my CRK gfeller sheath that’s been in my belt the past 4 years, I haven’t even had a CRK for 3 of them.. It’s getting quite worn in..

Great job btw to everyone in here! You’ve been an inspiration and I’ve followed this post for quite a few months while waiting to get the perfect blade for the challenge!

4AD45377-5A71-4F38-91F0-48159744E480.jpeg

That’s some good wear for 3 months. Has it been carried before this?
I carried it for 2 months before officially throwing my hat into the challenge. Before that, no. Birthday is 9/23/21. It showed up at my door from crk the first week in October.

Back