1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

You might be right with
You might be right with a new lanyard. I'll just have to find something that doesn't feel like a boat anchor, or double the weight of this classy knife!

I like the stock clip, but they are pretty hard on the pockets, and the retention (while good) is not as secure as I would like. After reading @Lone_Wolfe's "The Great Clip Comparison of 2018" thread, I knew I wanted to give the Hawk clip a try. Boy am I glad I did!

While I've only had it a day, I really like it. The ergos work out just fine for my size medium glove hands, and the retention (the main thing I was after) is much better. My Seb already has double lugs, and I think the new clip adds even more to the unique look.

While I've only had it a day, I really like it. The ergos work out just fine for my size medium glove hands, and the retention (the main thing I was after) is much better. My Seb already has double lugs, and I think the new clip adds even more to the unique look.
I’ll throw the clip on mine tonight to see how I like it for a few days and take it from there. I’ll also check out that thread you linked to.
As for a nice lanyard, please don’t spoil the great look of your knife with a lanyard and a skull bead at the end of it. That makes a great knife look cheap and childish, IMO. :)

Im jumpin' in on this!! Same knife! But im usin' the small 21 instead of the large. You've inspired me, Glockguy lol. I've always wanted to try and carry just one knife for a year, but the most I've done it for was one month and that was with the same small 21, and also with the 940.

Figured if i throw it up publicly on bladeforums then maybe I'll actually stick to it lol. I've actually been carrying it since Saturday, 10-20-18. I wont try and take over your thread, so I'll just post pictures every couple of months or something if thats cool? Im pumped about this. Time for some scratches and snail trails lol
uERe9BS

EDIT: If you cant see the picture that i posted plase let me know so i can figure out how to make it appear, thanks!

Last edited:
Hate to be the hater with my bros ,but its impossible (unless your really not a knife knut)I just spent 15 minutes this morning agonizing which of my knives to carry ,my Gerber order, my okc arrow dozier,manly peak,bm stryker in m4,Gerber ez out,...my okc won out ...
This happens almost everyday unfortunately

Im jumpin' in on this!! Same knife! But im usin' the small 21 instead of the large. You've inspired me, Glockguy lol. I've always wanted to try and carry just one knife for a year, but the most I've done it for was one month and that was with the same small 21, and also with the 940.

Figured if i throw it up publicly on bladeforums then maybe I'll actually stick to it lol. I've actually been carrying it since Saturday, 10-20-18. I wont try and take over your thread, so I'll just post pictures every couple of months or something if thats cool? Im pumped about this. Time for some scratches and snail trails lol
uERe9BS

No worries, and I think we *should* have some rules if you are going to post here. This is a serious goal, so I would like it to be taken seriously if you are going to chart your progress here. This is not a "I have this knife, but sold it so now I'm carrying this knife this week..." kind of deal. If you want to do that, make up your own "How long can you carry a knife thread."

With that in mind, I'm going to go with these simple rules for the challenge:

1 Knife For One Year Rules:

- You must actually carry the knife! You may OWN as many as you like, and fondle all the ones you care to, but you can only CARRY one knife to join in on this thread.

- You get ONE mulligan/false start/do-over/etc. I know we're all human, so if you start out with one knife and decide it's not for you, you are allowed to change it ONE TIME ONLY! Any more than that, and you are out, and can NOT post in this thread again! Also, if you do switch blades, your goal starts over as well!

- Specific purpose knives do NOT count. As I said earlier, I have a knife that is the designated box cutter in our home. Maybe you have one for skinning animals or cleaning fish (and of course, all kitchen duty knives). Those do NOT count. Again this is just for carrying a knife for a year to see if you can.

-I will also add that you are allowed to carry a secondary knife. I know several people that carry, say, a large CRK along with a smaller, multi-purpose or more people friendly knife (SAK/Old-timey/etc.) That IS allowed, but you MUST carry the same CRK for ONE YEAR!

*Also note: By "post" I mean just the serious progress pics of the knife you are doing this challenge with. Feel free to chime in with whether you think you could do this or not, or to root us on, etc. You can even post pics of knives that you have carried for a year in the past to show us that you already accomplished this goal.

Final words: I made this thread as a challenge to myself as I know that this goal is more than possible for me. If it's not possible for you, that's fine. Life is short, so by all means carry as many knives as you want, as often as you want!

However, if your are just looking for a "Here's what I'm carrying today" thread, than this is the one for you: Post your CRK carry knife for today.

Last edited:
- This is not a "I have this knife, but sold it so now I'm carrying this knife this week..." kind of deal. If you want to do that, make up your own "How long can you carry a knife thread."

- You get ONE mulligan/false start/do-over/etc. I know we're all human, so if you start out with one knife and decide to change it you are allowed to do so ONE TIME ONLY! Any more than that, and you are out, and can NOT post in this thread again!
I check this thread daily to see how you are doing. I'm glad you posted these two rules. Hopefully they will result in a lot less clutter in your thread and we can also see the progress of others that are genuinely trying to do this, as well. As you stated, there are other threads to post your flavor of the month knife here on this forum. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mulligan.

Challenge accepted . Considering I don't collect knives and only keep what I use this should be fun. As long as I can fondle!

I am game with this CF LG 21. I wanted to get my first new one in years and this was it.

Photo updates to come.

I will call it Day 1.

IMG_20181024_133019~3.jpg

Last edited:
-I will also add that you are allowed to carry a secondary knife. I know several people that carry, say, a large CRK along with a smaller, multi-purpose or more people friendly knife (SAK/Old-timey/etc.) That IS allowed, but you MUST carry the same CRK for ONE YEAR!

OK, dumb question time for me. Could the secondary knife be my Koenig Arius, or does it have to be a smaller knife like a SAK, etc.?

OK, dumb question time for me. Could the secondary knife be my Koenig Arius, or does it have to be a smaller knife like a SAK, etc.?

Nope I think as long as it's different in some way (flipper, SAK, etc.) you’re good to go.

I know a few people carry a nice blade, and then a beater blade. They use the beater for the really hard or dirty work, and the other a blade for the “normal” cutting tasks.

As long as the CRK gets carried and used, that is fine!

Mulligan.

Challenge accepted . Considering I don't collect knives and only keep what I use this should be fun. As long as I can fondle!

I am game with this CF LG 21. I wanted to get my first new one in years and this was it.

Photo updates to come.

I will call it Day 1.

View attachment 1008977

Nice and best of luck with this one!

Also I should mention (as you already did) that if you switch knives you must start over!

I'm not quite willing to commit to one knife for a whole year but I did recently decide to sell off all of my large and small sebenzas (most were micarta inlayed) and I want to buy just a single large sebenza for my primary carry. I know I want it to be large and I know I want it to be drop point. I also know I want it to be titanium (no inlays) but I can't decide if I want plain jane or if I want the star-benza. I've had both in the past. I definitely want double lugs as well. I'm leaning towards the star-benza...

Nice and best of luck with this one!

Also I should mention (as you already did) that if you switch knives you must start over!

This is the one. Lightweight and simple.

Great set of rules and thanks for the Mulligan ;). Looking forward to the photos .

Nope I think as long as it's different in some way (flipper, SAK, etc.) you’re good to go.

I know a few people carry a nice blade, and then a beater blade. They use the beater for the really hard or dirty work, and the other a blade for the “normal” cutting tasks.

As long as the CRK gets carried and used, that is fine!
That sounds good to me. Count me in. This is the one I’ll be sticking with.

i-Fzx6tTn-X2.jpg

LOVE this thread. Nice to see users. Still in the process of which CRK to buy, and this is helping. I wear my Seiko Diver all day, every day whether I am doing yard work, changing oil or adventuring. I think that the scratches give it character and a story. Going to do the same with my CRK when I can finally make a decision. Currently between a Large Inkosi or 'zaan. Keep the thread going guys.

The knife has broken in now. It can be flicked open with no wrist movement. To close the knife, I disengage the lock and the blade easily falls until it hits my thumbnail and from there I push it closed with my index finger. Very, very smooth action now. It’s also developing some character with the snail trails it’s starting to show.

So does this whole 1 knife for a year also count when you can't carry a knife for example while traveling?
I would assume so...
Cause my very first sebenza is due to arrive soon and I don't really see me carrying anything else besides it and the sak for tools

So does this whole 1 knife for a year also count when you can't carry a knife for example while traveling?
I would assume so... Cause my very first sebenza is due to arrive soon and I don't really see me carrying anything else besides it and the sak for tools

Yes, if you can't carry a knife in a particular place/city, then the clock stops for that time and resumes when you get back to civilization.

Back