1 million knives recalled

Looks to me like the tip broke off the knife. Is this a special HF design for safety reasons so nobody can get stabbed?

:) I'm NOT a lawyer , but my general impression is that for a really big payday you have to have some fairly significant damages done to a very appealing victim and an unpopular defendant . I don't know if that applies here . :confused:
That is a lot of knives recalled! It will be interesting to see if there are any law suits from it.

Y’all can bag on HF all you want, but like someone else pointed out, everyone has an item recalled occasionally. At least this is getting a recall. 7 - SEVEN - out of 1 million is a pretty small percentage, so these could have gone completely ignored, but they weren’t. I’m not defending this knife, in fact, I’m pretty sure it’s absolute junk, but no worse than a lot of what I see at flea markets, or in the pockets of some tradesmen, EMTs, cops, or any other average Joe.

As for HF itself, just know what you’re buying going in. I buy all kinds of stuff from there, but also know what to avoid. You can’t really mess up a 2 lb hand sledge, a rubber tire chock, or a 100 pk of razor blades. The 10 ton log splitter is quite well built, as well as the aluminum floor jack. But I also wouldn’t buy my good ratchets, sockets, and wrenches there. Us hillbillies are smarter than you may think.

So, are you implying that your hillbilly if you buy a Byrd knife?

I just bought my first byrd knife today on the bay. I'm a city boy. Hope there are no fake byrd knives.

I bought a 3 ton floor jack from HF. Daytonya Brand. Harbor freight is good for somethings.

Redneck is a whole different species than Hillbilly, Doc.
;) Yeah ! We may know that but city folk generally don't . :p

There's plenty of overlap , IMO .

I would be both by some definitions , by birth and inclination . :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back