1 Year Sober! Thank You

This is a special little place on the internet, unlike any other. We don't judge here, we support, and care for another without reservation.

Let the world have its issues, I come here to get away from all that, and it has never failed me.

You ever need the support, come on by, take a load off, and spill it, we'll be here to mop it up.

Well said Cul, Eric we are here for you, to lend a hand or encouragement or just a kind word. You can do it man and grats on 12 days before you know it, it will be 12 months. Hang in brother.

Good luck to you, hope you get what you need.

I'm probably going to sell many of my HIs soon as well, probably just in two "lots" though. I accidentally took over a room in my house with knives/swords and besides the clutter dusting, oiling, wiping, etc is a major chore now.

Howdy all,

Just wanted to let you know things are going better than expected for me. Today is day 30 sober! I haven't been 30 days without booze in over 10 years! I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from my brothers of the bent blade. Slowly but surely the life that I unraveled is coming back together. Taking it step by step and day by day. Much thanks to this forum and all who have held me in their thoughts and prayers.

Howdy all,

Just wanted to let you know things are going better than expected for me. Today is day 30 sober! I haven't been 30 days without booze in over 10 years! I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from my brothers of the bent blade. Slowly but surely the life that I unraveled is coming back together. Taking it step by step and day by day. Much thanks to this forum and all who have held me in their thoughts and prayers.
All the best man. Congrats on 30 day!

I wanted to let you all know I am going through a pretty hard time. You may not see me around as often. My beautiful wife (& children) and I are separating. I did it to myself. Threw my life away, so to speak. Recently started going to AA if that gives you a clue.

That being said, I will be selling some knives. I wanted to give you fine people the opportunity before I put them for sale on the other places. If anyone wants to hear about what is for sale please email me at erictheredbeard@outlook.com . I will be doing inventory and taking pictures very soon.

If you don't need any knives, maybe ask your higher power to help me get through this. I believe it can all work out in the end. Just going to take time, a lot of hard work, and help from the big man. Feel free to email me anytime. Thanks for listening.

Good luck man. With some faith in god you will come out even stronger on the other side. We are all pulling for you and your recovery is something I am sure everyone wants to help you with, but in the end you have to value yourself as a person.

If you find it hard to take better care of yourself for your own sake as so many men do, then take care of yourself so that way you can be more effective at caring for the people you love. You owe it to them to be able to perform at your best.

I don’t know you but I am still so proud to see someone do what you are doing.

Hello again friends,

I don't really need to sell any knives anymore. It has been a long seven months. With the help of many I have been able to stay away from drinking. My life is infinitely better than it was before. I have moved back home. My wife is a much happier person now as well. As long as I continue to take it seriously, and keep making the good choice, things keep getting better and better. It is still difficult at times but I know, very deep down, that it is worth it. Thanks again for the many encouraging emails, good thoughts, and prayers. I believe they have been a big help to me.

Last edited:
Congrats Brother! Everything will fall into place, just keep doing you, and you'll be just fine. When it gets difficult, think about what you could've lost, and that will put what you are doing into a very clear perspective.

One day at a time is phrase I kept repeating over the past 40 years. Not an issue anymore, but I MAKE it an issue. Kept on asking "why me?" in early days. I came to the conclusion that it makes no difference why, it IS. One might as well wonder why they have diabetes, the answer's pretty much the same: It makes no difference why, you can't drink , so don't.

Be gentle with yourself.

Thanks Kismet. You are right. Doesn't matter why, just have to embrace the truth. At first everything was terrible but, step by step, my life has become so much better after admitting the truth and trying to do the next right thing daily. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Last edited:
Eric?

You will always have my best wishes on your journey. If and when I can be of some assistance, I will do my best to aid.

We're all in this together, in some unfathomable way. You are probably already finding that your social circle will modify itself, with former social companions drifting away, and new folks becoming fast friends. You may find, as i did, that the former group is no longer very interesting--a change in focus, perhaps.

Be gentle with yourself, hear?

:thumbsup:

Back