$100 Spyderco recommendation please

Is it possible to wait and save another 50 bucks? Then your options will really open up. If not then Spyderco is limited for what you are looking for in the criteria that you mentioned in the 100 range.

This one v
WJw0Wxm.jpg

I love Spyderco's liner lock and frame lock (as well as its lock back and compression lock). But I disagree that Spyderco's framelock is the best in the market. In fact, if I want folders of framelock, I will go to Hinderer, CRK, and ZT before considering Spyderco.

While I dislike framelocks in general, the Southard Spyderco was a homerun. ZT has a long history of frame lock problems. Hinderer and CRK have fantastic framelocks, but also way out of OP's price range.

I prefer the ball-bearing lock on the Manix to the compression lock, so I'd recommend the Manix 2 LW over the Para3 LW.
However, the Manix 2 LW uses pinned construction, so it does not meet the requirement for "Easy to disassemble and clean."
If that's an issue, either the Para3 or one of the liner locks in the budget line (Tenacious, Astute, Polestar, etc.).

Hello good people of BF,

I would love to purchase a folder that is near $100. However, my lack of knife knowledge and funds prevents me from making a haste decision. I want to find something that fits all the criteria, not just almost fitting. The members of BF has much more knowledge than I, and I learn quite a lot here and would very much appreciate your input.

This would be for my edc, in my front right pocket, which holds nothing but one knife. I would also jog/hike with it.

- Must be full flat grind

- NO lockbacks, serrated blades, autos, assisted or flippers

- Lightweight, under 3.5 oz

- I like how Ontario RAT1 and Steel Will Cutjack handles feel. It seems they fill my hand and feels secure and ergonomic.

- I absolutely hate Ontario RAT2. It feels like a toy and I would sell if if I know how. I think Para 3 is similar in size, I am unsure.

- Easy to disassemble and clean.. IKBS is a pain to clean.

- Also hated CRKT Crossbones. Feels very small. Would love to get rid of it.

- I love everything about Byrd Cara Cara 2 except the lockback and action. This lead me to want a flat grind.

- Blade steel should not patina, rust or change easily. I would take 8cr13mov over D2.

- No lockbacks

thank you all and god bless!

Did you get something yet? If so what did you go with??

Did you get something yet? If so what did you go with??
I did not get anything. For me, it is better to not get something when it is not absolutely 100% perfect to my liking. I do have Manix 2 LW to get when i reach my goal weight as a reward though. That reward of Manix was decided quite a while back, but i havnt reached my goal weight yet. Manix 2 Lw would be for jogging.

Back