• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1000 Layer French Inspired 280mm Integral Chef

Just finished up my latest integral!

This one is made from 1024 layers of 1084 and 15n20, by far my finest pattern yet. The pattern is very subtle and requires a close look to fully appreciate. The bolster is integral and has been etched all the way up to the handle to showcase the pattern. The handle itself is made from a nice cut of burmese teak burl with a black g10 and nickel spacer. The handle is quite slim and will fit S-L hands best. The blade profile is 280mm long and is inspired by french sabatiers. It has a full distal taper running from the heel all the way to the tip. The spine at the heel is just under 1/8" thick, and the tip goes nearly to zero. This creates a blade with an incredibly fine and flexible tip, perfect for fine slicing and other technical operations, and a heftier belly and heel that can handle harder slicing and chopping. Make sure to take a look at the video at the end to see just how flexible the tip is!

With that being said, here are some pictures and videos to look at!

https://i.imgur.com/qBG9qzx.mp4

I am asking SOLD for this one! That includes free shipping in the US, if you live outside the US just let me know and I'll find a shipping option that works for you. If you have any questions about the blade don't hesitate to put them below in the comments or shoot me an email at YozakuraForge@gmail.com. As always, I am very open to constructive feedback on my knives so let me know what you think of this one and what you would like to see more of in the future! Based on feedback from my previous listing, I have started 5 or so shorter blades that I will release over the coming couple of weeks, so make sure to look out for those!

Thanks!
-Grant

Last edited:
Wow! Great work, and good price for an integral damascus blade. I don't usually appreciate busy damascus patterns, but yours is done really well in such a subtle way. And that tip looks dangerous! Onions beware.
GLWS!

Looks good.

You mentioned that the pattern is a lot finer than you anticipated. In my experience, once you get over ~400 layers, the pattern starts to get difficult to see.

Back