105 (now 106) GEC Giveaway - A Counting Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

neRBnFf.jpg
My grandson's 59 piece Lincoln Log set. Not all pieces shown. Some are still in the box.
The mini Nessmuk makes a nice little camp knife!:)

Last edited:
doldrumsdefinition-pic.jpg

We can't stay like this forever...there's the 60s 70s 80. 90s and century to go, and the 50s to finish ;):thumbsup:

There’s certainly an ebb and flow to this thread. ;) We’ve still got some work to do, but I’m confident we can get there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

mwPR4aR.jpg

58 matchbooks and matchboxes

Nice photo, Vince! :thumbsup:

40psi tire, 10 psi soccer ball, 8 psi mini basketball, ALOX SAK. Total: 58 psi and a knife.
View attachment 1393928

:D :D

59 UNO cards and my S&M Sowbelly EDC knife.
View attachment 1393943

I was playing UNO with my daughter earlier (she got a Super Mario version for her birthday a couple weeks ago). :thumbsup:

neRBnFf.jpg
My grandson's 59 piece Lincoln Log set. Not all pieces shown. Some are still in the box.
The mini Nessmuk makes a nice little camp knife!:)

Great idea, Gary! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mt Washington area, a couple of Aunts and Uncles retired from Heinz, their pantries looked like a Heinz store, still have dozens of pickle pins I was trying to see if I had 57 of them but alas only 43.
Nice view from Mt Washington, love that ice cream shop up there. I was in your old neighborhood a couple weeks ago.
ri0k26.jpg

(Sorry, I'm done hijacking the thread, just love my and miss my hometown)

Last edited:
Nice view from Mt Washington, love that ice cream shop up there. I was in your old neighborhood a couple weeks ago.
ri0k26.jpg

(Sorry, I'm done hijacking the thread, just love my and miss my hometown)

It could be 59 pins of ANY type and include the "43 pickle pins" - :confused::D - or 59 pickles...we haven't had those yet! OR 59 items with the word 'pickle' in their description, i.e. 43 pickle pins (the thread wants to see 'em) and 16 pickles. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
And here you are looking at 60g of americana.
IMG-20200808-100013.jpg

Just some quick math edit:
Opinel No.06 carbone/beechwood weights 28g and it cost me 8.67 €. TC barlow weights 60g and had to pay 146.52 € to get it to me. That means that TC comes at more than 2x weight and almost 17x the cost. Moreover, 1g of Opinel costs about 31 cents while 1g of TC barlow is roughly 244 cents. Yet, we all know TC barlows are worth their weight in gold. That leads us to obvious conclusion: at the current price of gold 55.506 €/g, a TC barlow made of gold would run you 3,330.63 € just in materials, so buying TC barolws even at secondary market prices is really a bargain. :-D

Last edited:
Back