105 (now 106) GEC Giveaway - A Counting Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

btb01

Gold Member
It’s time for a giveaway! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually, it’s past time for a giveaway. A couple years ago I did a giveaway after acquiring my 50th GEC knife. At that time, I told myself that I would do another if/when I got to 100. (To be honest, I thought I had promised to do so in that thread, but I can’t find any post where I said that, so perhaps it was just in my head.) :confused: :D

Unfortunately I missed the milestone by a few knives, and my GEC collection (hoard?) now stands at 105 knives, but hey… better late than never, right? ;)

Here’s a family photo.

uRYg8Yj.jpg

Now I always enjoy giveaways that require the entrants participate in some way, rather than just posting “I’m in.” We’ve had some really fun GAW themes here on the Porch over the years (some favorites that come to mind are @Jack Black’s photo imitation GAW — an idea I borrowed for a giveaway of my own last year — and Will Power Will Power ’s GAW where you had to guess the last three numbers of his car’s number plate :D).

We’ve also had some fun “game” threads, like @waynorth’s Alphabet Game and @rockgolfer’s Treasure Hunt thread, so I thought maybe we could try something along those lines for this GAW. Since I have 105 GEC knives, lets play a counting game from 1 to 105.

Here are the rules:
  • Starting with the number 1, post a photo of a traditional knife along with x-number of something (anything).
  • Once we have at least three posts for the current number, you can move on to the next number. So after there are three or more posts with a knife and 1 of something, we’ll move on to 2, then 3, 4, 5, and so on. (Y’all know how counting works, right?) ;)
  • The game ends when we make it to 105, at which point I’ll draw for a winner.
  • Edited to add: See Rules Update, Post 426. (Only two posts required per number now, additional entry for continued participation.)
Giveaway info:
  • If you want to be in the GAW, please say so in your post. If not, just say, “Not an entry.” I want everyone to to be able to participate, so you are welcome to play the game even if you aren’t entering the GAW.
  • To qualify for the GAW, please have at least 25 posts in the Traditional subforum prior to the creation of this thread.
  • Feel free to post as many times as you’d like; each participant will get one entry, regardless of how many posts they make in the thread.
  • I will also give a handful of bonus entries to those whose posts entertain, amuse or impress me the most, so be creative and have fun! :thumbsup:
Obviously this will be fairly easy at the beginning, but will require a bit more creativity as the numbers get higher. You’re welcome to play a bit loosely with what “x-number of something” means (for example, a $20 bill could be 20 dollars). I’d rather have a bunch of funny/interesting/creative posts than photo after photo of a knife with 72 paper clips, then 73 paper clips, etc. ;)

The Prize:

Up for grabs is a brand new GEC Tidioute #23 Liner Lock “Beaver Tail” in Jigged Brazilian Cherry. I’ve got two of these (I picked up the second specifically for this GAW), and it’s a fantastic knife. Both examples I got are excellent, so much so that I’m not sure which one will be the prize and which one I’ll keep. Rest assured, either way, you’ll be getting a good knife. :D

Here’s a photo of both knives together.

hvzZIy9.jpg

I’ll get us started with our first post for the number 1. Here’s a different #23 Liner Lock with one* beer. :D

kc7SArX.jpg

Edited to add: See Rules Update, Post 426.

Last edited:
Once we have at least three posts for the current number, you can move on to the next number. So after there are three or more posts with a knife and 1 of something, we’ll move on to 2, then 3, 4, 5, and so on. (Y’all know how counting works, right?) ;)
Once we get past 20 (shoes off, of course), I'm gonna have trouble! I'll try to post something before we get that far.

I'M OUT

Screwed up the count.:oops::eek: Should have only been one knife :rolleyes: I might jump back in later with only one knife as the rules clearly stated and a proper amount of something at the time I jump back in..

Back