• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1095 Work Hawk - Chisel Ground Tomahawk

Park Swan

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good Afternoon Folks,

Today I have one Work Hawk mini, made from 1095 and heat treated professionally by Peter's Heat Treat. The mini is a small, packable practical tomahawk coming in under 1lb total weight!

This one has a ridiculously sharp right-hand chisel grind. Chisel grinds are extremely slicey, preferred by some for culinary use, very easy to sharpen, and also handy when doing a lot of carving functions. You can still chop with a chisel grind, too. The sheath on this mini has an experimental titanium clip that can be closed to allow attachment to various things. For belt use, I'd probably want to add another clip to the other side. This mounts on a molle chest rig as-is, such as an HPG kit bag. I simply ran a single loop of p-cord through the leftmost rivet hole (opposite side from the titanium clip) and one piece of molle webbing. That was enough to stabilize the lightweight hawk. Of course, the clip can also be easily removed with a philips.

Here are two videos of earlier model hawks.

Some 2x4 chopping:

Some spoon carving:

This listing is for the mini on the left. The Work Hawk V3 on the right is sold.

V5hTO8X.jpg

This listing is for the mini on the left. The V3 on the right is sold.

4UkcwuK.jpg

aZbxTqT.jpg

q1xnBv3.jpg

Steel: 1095 @ 58RC

Heat Treat by Peter's

Thickness: .25"

Weight: I'll measure later but under 1lb for sure

OAL: 10.9"

Cutting edge: 2.6" CHISEL GROUND, sharp as hell

Handle: Tightly wrapped with dark gray Atwood 550 cord.

Stamped with "PARK," "1095," and an American flag.

$240 SPF shipped via Paypal Goods and Services (includes insured USPS Priority Mail to the CONUS). First "I'll take it" gets it. You must be 18+ to purchase. You are responsible for compliance with your local laws.

As I'm posting this, it seems like there's a lack of picture quantity and quality. I'll have to address that tomorrow as I'm on shift til 7. Thanks for looking, as always all comments and questions are welcome!

Last edited:
Back