10k, 10-year BH Giveaway! - Winner selected on post 50!

I cannot see anyone’s pics on this page? It seems to only be this page though?

Can you try another device? I can't see (My) posts when at work, but I can at home or on my personal mobile device
plus, I know BF is screwy..... and it's Unfortunate that some Amazing older posts from years ago are ruined, by not being able to see those pictures.... I hate that

I tried multiple devices. When I go to edit the post I can see them. Also, it isn’t just my post, I cannot see pics in the other posts on page 2 either? Is it because my gold membership ran out? Can anyone else see the pics in my contest entry?

I tried multiple devices. When I go to edit the post I can see them. Also, it isn’t just my post, I cannot see pics in the other posts on page 2 either? Is it because my gold membership ran out? Can anyone else see the pics in my contest entry?
Your pics show for me, yes.

I can see your pics..... They are some of my favorites.

I might be squeaking in just under the wire here... Congrats daizee daizee on the upcoming milestone and thank you for a wonderful giveaway. I've admired your knives, particularly your Kephart-esque versions, for awhile now - it is my hope that I might be able to scoop one of those up in the not so distant future.

I don't spend nearly as much time in this sub as I used to - such is the way of knife enthusiasts, there is always something out there that can catch one's fancy. That said, I still have a nice tidy pile of Beckers and have given away, gifted, and/or otherwise moved along numerous others. It is my go-to choice of blade when gifting a friend or family member a quality knife at an affordable price.

Truth be told, I am not certain exactly how many I have currently. I retrieved the number I have stowed away in one of my knife crates but I know that I have several distributed amongst vehicles, packs, and possibly other places as well.

The list (as far as I know and/or recall): (Current group shot of the pile that I could get together displayed below.)
  1. BK-20
  2. BK-9 x2
  3. BK-2
  4. BK-3
  5. BK-16 x2
  6. BK-15
  7. BK-11 x3
  8. BK-62
  9. BK-10
  10. BK-14 x3
  11. BK-5
OlGUT8I.jpg

There are two knives that stand out to me - the King (BK-9) and the BK-62 (Kephart).

The BK-9 was my very first Becker - it is the knife that brought me to these forums and got me plugged into the community here. As a result of that knife, I've made some awesome friends here, met so many of you at the Becker West Gatherings, and accumulated a very healthy pile of knives - Beckers and otherwise. The King is a versatile beast, it can do it all and remains one of two Becker knives I will always recommend to folks (the other being the BK-16).

This is a pic of my backup 9 - my user is either in my truck or in one of my packs.

UNW4MyB.jpg

The BK-62 is a rather special knife to me. I've been an enthusiast of Kephart's woodcraft philosophies for many years now and when Ethan got his hands on an original Colclesser and was subsequently inspired to create the 62, I could not have been more thrilled. As it stands, the 62 is the most accurate, commercially available Kephart reproduction on the market today - it even beats out the versions put out by most custom makers as well. Ethan's ability to examine an original in person went a long way towards achieving what so few makers are able to - imbuing a knife with all of Horace's wisdom, subtleties in use, and practical design elements.

It is a special knife and one that I am very proud to own. I have a couple of other Kepharts being made by other makers - I intend to do a "Battle of the Kepharts" thread once I get those examples in hand. It will likely be a summer or fall project.

BUjyuV1.jpg

pWXefyF.jpg

61PQN57.jpg

fMNLjl3.jpg

Honorable mention goes to the BK-20. It is my go-to chopper and is a sheer pleasure to work with. I still need to get the edge fixed up after my brother let my daughter smash rock with it...

ohUtwYh.jpg

XJvGxNu.jpg

Scrolling through some older pics and came across this one of Saxon - I really miss this dude.

FdHmUrA.jpg

Congrats on 10,000 daizee daizee ! And what a cool way to celebrate it!

It's taken some time to figure out which Becker was most inspiring.

I own a few of the full size ones (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 12, 20, 21 29)? One of the 11's I was obsessed with?

ioSWFxj.jpg

How about a tweener? The 15 is just a great blade. Maybe the 16 I take hunting and clean deer with? Or how about the 17 which was my first quality knife purchase? Maybe the 62 which every time I pick it up I find myself in awe of it?

X18rrHP.jpg

I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be the 62, but that 17 made me want to make a leather sheath which opened me up to making a few knives of my own. So I'm going with those two as the most inspiring.

U4CuV7g.jpg

And one more image, just because it was a great day when I took it.

4XmkWR9.jpg

So,

Beckerhead #359. Definitely old enough. I'm in Texas. I own at least one Bk 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 29, 62.

Thanks for a great GAW, daizee!

Last edited:
Ok, yes! The suspense is killing me too! 10k!!! Woo!!
It's been a nutty couple weeks, and I didn't want to hit 10k and then leave y'all hanging EVEN MORE!
Thank you all for the great entries, stories, and pictures!

I will process the entry numbers this weekend and announce a winner. I AM running out the door for the night, so hopefully we'll have a winner tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime.

Happy spring!

WooWho!!!!

The Easter Bunny can't get here soon enough.
. Someone will have a great weekend!

And the winner is....
bantha:~% random 100

PADRUIG, with entry number 46!!!
Congratulations! DM me your mailing info and I'll get this little AuK3 in the mail this week.

A HUGE THANK YOU to all 21 contestants and non-contesting participants!
Your pictures are fantastic, stories an odd combination of heart-warming, inspiring, and slightly dangerous from all the sharp things! :p

Ethan, his knives, Ka-Bar, and not the least of all, this community, have been a significant part of what has kept me at the grinder for the last decade. Thanks for being here.

And the winner is....
bantha:~% random 100

PADRUIG, with entry number 46!!!
Congratulations! DM me your mailing info and I'll get this little AuK3 in the mail this week.

A HUGE THANK YOU to all 21 contestants and non-contesting participants!
Your pictures are fantastic, stories an odd combination of heart-warming, inspiring, and slightly dangerous from all the sharp things! :p

Ethan, his knives, Ka-Bar, and not the least of all, this community, have been a significant part of what has kept me at the grinder for the last decade. Thanks for being here.

So Generous!!!!

Lucky Padruig

Congrats Padruig! Thanks daizee for giving us all a chance at such a nicely made blade :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh wow! I don’t make a big habit of entering giveaways, or even winning them for that matter.

Fantastic! Thank you, daizee daizee , for an awesome giveaway.

i just got a new phone (camera) and I’m looking forward to trying it out. PM incoming.

Back