110 at work

Well the crappie started bitting today
Went fishing today and cought this crappie. The Ol'Blue Buck 110 did a great
job. Now if I can learn to post pic's again.
y0Jg6UU.jpg

Last edited:
Hawk, great photo. So, after the cold spell moved on, they started biting. Were you using minnows? DM

Last edited:
David ,I used a white curly tail jig with a #1 spinner. The old folks say when the wild plums are blooming the Crappie should
start biting. Well they are and the Crappie are starting to bit.

Great! When you freeze them do you scrape the scales off and gut? Or just gut them? DM

Great photo, and thank you for sharing. Makes me want to slap ol blue on the belt and put it to use. Haven’t carried that one specifically in a few months.

Can’t wait until I can fish around here. Today is the first day above 40 degrees in what seems like forever!

Yes, I scrape the scales and gut them if I am going to freeze them. I like to eat the skin so that is how
I do them. If I am lucky enough to catch a bunch I will fillet some too.

Great paper-mouth! I bet that will taste as good as that Buck cuts!

It will be a little before we can fish here - but thanks for letting us know that it's coming!

best

mqqn

Doing them in that manner, ^ keep track on how many ol' Blue processes. Then let us know. I'm just curious how far it goes. Do you scale with the edge or spine? DM

Last edited:
Nice catch of crappie! You’re a little warmer down there. The water temps are still to cold out here and trees aren’t budding yet. This coming week it’s supposed to get up into the 70s with overnight lows in the mid to upper 40s so it won’t be long. Thanks for sharing!

The Kingfish are in at the Sunshine Skyway bridge in Tampa Bay..One caught there 3 days ago went to 49 lb's. On the bridge you can catch Grouper and other big ones right by your car..

Back