110 bolsters

They already offered the 110 with a pocket clip, G10, thumbstud and s30v. Slow seller unfortunately. People bitch about the thumbstud,,, so use the nail nick.

Yep lots of aftermarket mods available, which all void the warranty. And the warranty is one of the best.
The 110 Knife that Buck made with the pocket clip and thumb stud had three things against it . 1 the thumb stud 2 the pocket clip 3 the price . No doubt the price had more to do with poor sales . No where has anyone ever mentioned replacing the Great one and only Buck 110. I do think if they could manage to mount the clean Vantage style clip on a 110 STYLE Knife they can call it what ever I think it would sell well and if they made one with a stainless frame and screws would make for a cool knife . Again not saying to stop making the original 110. But it doesn't matter I'am only me . Again made the mistake to say what I think would be a cool knife not intending to bunch up anyone's undies :D I LIKE using the 110 just want a pocket clip with the mounting that looks professional and not like it was done in my Garage That would be Sweet :thumbsup:

Yep, I prefer the sheath on my belt for the 110. I haven't tried the lanyard mod MtPokt does.
You can always find a titanium buck 560. Lighter, thinner, put a pocket clip on that. Or buy a lochsa.

I don't see buck screwing with their number one selling knife.

110 should probably be left alone. Their has been alot of options lately come out and they are impressive.
I also prefer sheath carry then these set ups :thumbsup: I have a 560 and would not want to mess it up like the one on top of the page :D

The 110 Knife that Buck made with the pocket clip and thumb stud had three things against it . 1 the thumb stud 2 the pocket clip 3 the price . No doubt the price had more to do with poor sales . No where has anyone ever mentioned replacing the Great one and only Buck 110. I do think if they could manage to mount the clean Vantage style clip on a 110 STYLE Knife they can call it what ever I think it would sell well and if they made one with a stainless frame and screws would make for a cool knife . Again not saying to stop making the original 110. But it doesn't matter I'am only me . Again made the mistake to say what I think would be a cool knife not intending to bunch up anyone's undies :D I LIKE using the 110 just want a pocket clip with the mounting that looks professional and not like it was done in my Garage That would be Sweet :thumbsup:
Didn't bunch up much undies. Just saying the Lochsa has those options. Or maybe the 560 would be a better choice for a vantage pocket clip. Might even be the right thickness. Who knows what Buck will do. Didn't see the Auto coming.

I also prefer sheath carry then these set ups :thumbsup: I have a 560 and would not want to mess it up like the one on top of the page :D
Agreed. That's why Buck doesn't do it. FUGLY

I know what you are saying or thinking about pocket clips but I believe it depends on the style and how it's fastened on. If Buck could come up with this set up on a 110 style knife, I'm not saying stop with the classic 110 but having a 110 style knife with a pocket clip. Close to this setup.
View attachment 770389 View attachment 770390
It feels good in the hand and carries deep in pocket easy access. Love the Vantage! The 110 is also a Great Knife and to me I would love for Buck to make it with Stainless frame, pins or screws would be better and this damm pocket clip. All of the same scale options too. I think it would be a cool knife titanium would be even better but price would be on the high side. The stainless frame would be tougher than Brass or nickel just not as pretty to some :D I'am dreaming haha
ATENTION NOT SUGGESTING TO DISCONTINUE THE ORIGINAL BUCK 110 IN ANY WAY :thumbsup:
While a stainless steel frame would be nice, I think a color case hardened steel frame (and lock bar and rear spacer/spring holder) would be way cooler. Perhaps with brass or bronze pins or color case hardened screws.
A removeable blued pocket clip for those who want one?

yeah no one is talking about no longer making the 110 as it is. its just a variation like the drop point blade versions, aluminum bolsters versions, etc.

who wouldnt want more variations? sure seems everyone here wants a slightly different 110.

While a stainless steel frame would be nice, I think a color case hardened steel frame (and lock bar and rear spacer/spring holder) would be way cooler. Perhaps with brass or bronze pins or color case hardened screws.
A removeable blued pocket clip for those who want one?
That would be nice to. Might have to always be on guard for rust though. The only reason I thought stainless as a better choice over the Brass or Nickel is 1 it's tougher 2 can look nice polished or brushed and even stone washed 3 much cheaper than titaniem. I think it would make for a very strong hard use 110 variation NOT TO REPLACE THE AS IS 110. I like the titaniem variation seen here that still offers the use of different scale materials and take apart for poss blade changes. It would not be as expensive made with Stainless so more people could maybe afford one . Brass and Nickel are soft and would not last as long with the take apart option, also pivot pins or screws made of stainless would be stronger than Brass. The 110 the way it is works just fine as is, I know that . Could it be made stronger I think so. Do I need it stronger ? Probably not. Would I want one stronger ? Hell yea!:D Oh yea, the pocket clip wish that I have if it can't be fastened to the 110 like it is on the Vantage knife than I'm not on board ;) I don't like screws in the Bolster or holes and I don't like the 1" of knife sticking out of my pocket. So I just wanted to clear up what clip I like. So examples of fugly stop showing up :)

Last edited:
I don't think rust would be a major issue. Look at all the Winchester and Marlin rifles, for example, with a color case hardened receiver. Rust is rare, even after enough years and use to wear off the colors.

I don't think rust would be a major issue. Look at all the Winchester and Marlin rifles, for example, with a color case hardened receiver. Rust is rare, even after enough years and use to wear off the colors.
True with proper care rust is not an issue. Color case hardened steel is Gorgeous and like a blue guns, 1095 knives and other carbon steels require a little more care than Stainless. But if Buck made a color case hardened frame on a 110 I would want one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Didn't bunch up much undies. Just saying the Lochsa has those options. Or maybe the 560 would be a better choice for a vantage pocket clip. Might even be the right thickness. Who knows what Buck will do. Didn't see the Auto coming.
I knew it was coming! CJ asked me if he made it would I buy it!!! I told him yea 4or5! The next year it was here. I don't have 4 but do have two ...

I know I sound like a broken record but my thoughts on that clip is it doesn't look comfortable and the knife will stick out of pocket more than I like and if used for food or game and need a good cleaning I don't think the brass will hold up with the screws being loosen and tighten let alone the clip stress . I want a clip on a 110 very much but I would like Buck to to manage this setup. This in my mine and I bet my hand and pocket as well would be very happy with :D
IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0863.JPG

I know I sound like a broken record but my thoughts on that clip is it doesn't look comfortable and the knife will stick out of pocket more than I like and if used for food or game and need a good cleaning I don't think the brass will hold up with the screws being loosen and tighten let alone the clip stress . I want a clip on a 110 very much but I would like Buck to to manage this setup. This in my mine and I bet my hand and pocket as well would be very happy with :D
View attachment 771798 View attachment 771799
I agree. I just posted that because I found it interesting. I also like the Vantage clip. I own a few Vantage knives in different sizes and steels. I do like the Vantage knives, although it was one of the Vantage Pros that bit me with a pretty bad cut. It was my fault for not paying closer attention, though.

I agree. I just posted that because I found it interesting. I also like the Vantage clip. I own a few Vantage knives in different sizes and steels. I do like the Vantage knives, although it was one of the Vantage Pros that bit me with a pretty bad cut. It was my fault for not paying closer attention, though.
It is interesting and glad you posted it :) I do like the thumb hole blade over any thumb stud :thumbsup: but not sure about it on a 110 but maybe?

It is interesting and glad you posted it :) I do like the thumb hole blade over any thumb stud :thumbsup: but not sure about it on a 110 but maybe?
It definitely would take some getting used to. I think I would end up liking the tried and true original 110 best.

Back