1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

110 for sale - oak scales, S30V blade

Discussion in 'Buck Knives For Sale' started by AntDog, Nov 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Buck 110 for sale. Oak scales and started life with a 5160 blade. I sent the knife in to Buck warranty service to get scales replaced (one had a crack). Scales were replaced and look great.

The 5160 blade had a heavy patina and they said they couldn’t clean it without removing the etchings. With my permission, they replaced it with an S30V blade. This knife has been hand adjusted and tuned by Joe H. It’s pretty much perfect - dead centered when closed, no blade play in any direction open.

I have carried it a few times since I got it back, but not used it much. Brass has a nice patina forming. I may have touched it up on my sharpmaker but I can’t remember for sure. I do know it’s damn sharp, and the tip is like a needle.

I have the Buck box, and the stock sheath. Can add a custom sheath for a few bucks more if interested. Since this is such an odd duck, I don’t really know how to price it. Let’s just say $85, or make me an offer via PM. I’ll let the pics do the rest of the talking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bearbreeder, mycough and 91bravo like this.
  2. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    $85 gets the knife, stock sheath, custom sheath (cost me $40), and the box. PayPal G&S, shipping included, no surprises, no extra fees, no BS. A few more pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very nice 110 with no issues. Rock solid, and smooth. 5 minutes with some Brasso and this one would look brand new.

Plus, I guarantee you’ll have the only one on the block... since Buck replaced the blade, this is the only one I’ve seen like this.

Bearbreeder and bikerector like this.
  3. AdamFuzzyballs

AdamFuzzyballs

Mar 16, 2015
  4. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    Email sent.

Bearbreeder likes this.
  5. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    Still available.

Bearbreeder likes this.
  6. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    I have received a few trade offers. I appreciate it, but I really need the cash.

Price drop to $80.

Bearbreeder likes this.
  7. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I’ll take it. PM on the way.

8. AntDog

Apr 3, 2001
    PM replied. This one is gone. Thanks @ScooterG and bladeforums.

Bearbreeder and ScooterG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.