110 in S45VN?

I was curious on you guys/gals thoughts on this new 110 Legacy in S45VN. I love all the 110's I own. I have many versions. Looking into splurging on one of these and was hoping to get feedback on how they perform. Likes, dislikes...

I have had one on pre-order for month's and months. Buck sent some to dealers and sold some off their own web site. However, my dealer is still waiting for Buck to make a shipment to him. So, sorry can't answer your question other than saying Buck is not doing a very good job filling orders that have been on their books for month's and month's!!!!!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg I haven't done a lot of cutting with it, but I like the take apart feature that allows me to put many different blades in it including the old style Selector blades. In addition, it is light weight, has a thumb stud, has a tip up pocket clip, and it can be cleaned, lubed, and adjusted for ease of opening.
Did I mention that the handle inserts can be swapped with ones from that BCCI Club Knife?image.jpeg

It looks cheap to me. I think it's the large rear bolster pins that look like plastic to me. Just my opinion.

The only thing I’m not excited about is the carbon fiber scales. I just don’t see them as attractive and the smooth slick finish is a down for me. I guess I could get some different scales for it but at the $200 plus price point I’m hesitant to lay down that much and then spend more to get it like I need it to be. The blade shape doesn’t bother me and looks like the slim pro blade I have. As long as it is a full 3. 3/4 inches I’m okay with that. I’ve seen a few that were just barely 3 5/8 long new from the factory . Some of my other 110s are 3 7/8 inches so I don’t know what that is all about. A 1/4 inch short is a considerable amount on a sub 4 inch blade. I wouldn’t mind if they were a full 4 inches!

The only thing I’m not excited about is the carbon fiber scales. I just don’t see them as attractive and the smooth slick finish is a down for me. I guess I could get some different scales for it but at the $200 plus price point I’m hesitant to lay down that much and then spend more to get it like I need it to be. The blade shape doesn’t bother me and looks like the slim pro blade I have. As long as it is a full 3. 3/4 inches I’m okay with that. I’ve seen a few that were just barely 3 5/8 long new from the factory . Some of my other 110s are 3 7/8 inches so I don’t know what that is all about. A 1/4 inch short is a considerable amount on a sub 4 inch blade. I wouldn’t mind if they were a full 4 inches!

If it's just for collecting, the scales don't bother me too much. If it's for using, I'd rather gave Micarta for the grippiness and the look good too.

It looks cheap to me. I think it's the large rear bolster pins that look like plastic to me. Just my opinion.

That was my first impression, too. I think for me it's the dull bead blast that gives the look of a cheap knife and the matching dull paint.

I don’t know if it holds true for aluminum and other softer metal but some metals will gain a surface hardness when bead blasted and they will show less scratches and wear making the finish more durable. I kinda like the bead blasted look but that’s me, maybe a bronze, copper or antique brass would be more to my liking though. It’s probably is a personal preference and I’m odd that way. Lol

Steel will gain strength after being SHOT PEENED, it puts thousands of micro dents over the surface and giving the surface an uneven place to start to break making it stronger.

Back