110 quality diminished?

So i have a 110 from 2005. Very nice example. I just bought another with finger grooves & the indent where the back of the lock bar is that you push the lock in at has grind marks all over the brass. The pivot is very tight as well. I also have an elk handled, nickel bolster 110 with finger grooves on orde . If it's not too late I think I'm going to skip the grooves but it worries me that I'll spend $200 and get the same quality. Also, does anybody know how long you have to change options on your order?

So i have a 110 from 2005. Very nice example. I just bought another with finger grooves & the indent where the back of the lock bar is that you push the lock in at has grind marks all over the brass. The pivot is very tight as well. I also have an elk handled, nickel bolster 110 with finger grooves on orde . If it's not too late I think I'm going to skip the grooves but it worries me that I'll spend $200 and get the same quality. Also, does anybody know how long you have to change options on your order?

What exactly are you asking? My finger groove 110 has some slight machining marks in the brass of the blade lock well. I don’t see it as a problem at all and it isn’t very noticeable unless you look for it closely.

If you’re asking if you can nix the finger grooves on your custom, you’ll have to ask Buck. My guess is if they haven’t ground the grooves yet they can hold off, and it’ll be fine.

What exactly are you asking? My finger groove 110 has some slight machining marks in the brass of the blade lock well. I don’t see it as a problem at all and it isn’t very noticeable unless you look for it closely.

If you’re asking if you can nix the finger grooves on your custom, you’ll have to ask Buck. My guess is if they haven’t ground the grooves yet they can hold off, and it’ll be fine.
I was asking how if I wanted to fix it to match the rest of the knife, how? My non finger groove has no flaws.

If I'm not mistaken, you just placed your custom order a few days ago. You should still have time to change it but I wouldn't lollygag around about it. I just got an email yesterday from Buck stating that there were only a few days left to guarantee shipment of custom orders before Christmas. That implies that the custom shop is in full swing.

If you want to make a change, I recommend doing it now or at least no later than Monday.

If I'm not mistaken, you just placed your custom order a few days ago. You should still have time to change it but I wouldn't lollygag around about it. I just got an email yesterday from Buck stating that there were only a few days left to guarantee shipment of custom orders before Christmas. That implies that the custom shop is in full swing.

If you want to make a change, I recommend doing it now or at least no later than Monday.
I tried calling today (closed) and left an email. How else do you get ahold of them on a weekend?

I tried calling today (closed) and left an email. How else do you get ahold of them on a weekend?
I don't think it's possible to contact them on the weekend but you should be fine if you sent an email.

I may have misunderstood. Please forgive me if that's the case. Your original post led me to believe that you were awaiting a reply in this thread before you contacted them. Sorry about that.:)

No I don’t think the quality has diminished. Any manufacturing is going to have a miss from time to time but Buck is extraordinary in their warranty service and happy customers. They will make it right for you. I also think their custom shop is top notch and I haven’t heard of any issues with knives out of the custom shop. I know my 112 custom was perfect, not a single flaw.

Suzuki, welcome to the Buck forum. Sorry you weren't happy with the rear bolster on your 110. That area may have not been given enough attention on the buffing station. Like the gents above said, those scratches should come out with using finer sand paper.
My guess is to start with 600 and work your way to finer grit.
On the blade pivot being stiff, I would fill the sink with hot, soapy water and dunk the pivot end in it and work the blade. Swish it
and use a toothbrush to scrub the blade well. The likely malady is buffing compound got in that area. Then finish with a drop of oil.
Now, don't get gun shy before receiving your custom knife. Buck does those special and if there is a concern about it... Return it
and Buck will work to please you. DM

Suzuki, welcome to the Buck forum. Sorry you weren't happy with the rear bolster on your 110. That area may have not been given enough attention on the buffing station. Like the gents above said, those scratches should come out with using finer sand paper.
My guess is to start with 600 and work your way to finer grit.
On the blade pivot being stiff, I would fill the sink with hot, soapy water and dunk the pivot end in it and work the blade. Swish it
and use a toothbrush to scrub the blade well. The likely malady is buffing compound got in that area. Then finish with a drop of oil.
Now, don't get gun shy before receiving your custom knife. Buck does those special and if there is a concern about it... Return it
and Buck will work to please you. DM
Thank you! I used some dish soap & hot water on it as soon as I got it. Flushed it with thin oil. Even cleaned with some brake cleaner. No dice! Guess I'll have to work it in. I had deduced the sand paper, I have wet/dry. I figured it would be hazy after. Can I polish it out with a dremel & the compound it comes with?

Yes, you can.
Ok, so the hot soapy water didn't work. I think I'd try shooting some pressurized oil in & around the blade pivot. Use light, thin oil.
If you have access to a air compressor, then spray the oil in and give it some blasts of air.
I had a Duke 500 give me some trouble with a gritty pivot. I kept at it with WD-40 and it loosened up. Good luck and your welcome. DM

Ed, I've used that product and it works. I have also had good success with WD-40 Specialty formula. DM

I'm going to try and get those marks out of the brass first and if i don't mess it up and throw a fit i'll then try to loosen the pivot. I can say that i don't like the sharp edges of the wood with the grooves. If the elk doesn't have those sharp edges, i probably won't mind it much. Though i do like the more full grip. I like the LOOK of the grooves though.

No, the quality has not diminished whatsoever.

Back