110 Thumb Stud Options?

I’ve been looking at the different types myself. I’m sure someone here will have some info and maybe some pictures. Thanks in advance!

Based on the lack of response, I'm assuming that there's no other options? The Kwik thumb stud is certainly functional but I'm surprised that nobody offers something a bit nicer/more "classy"?

there is a couple different kinds to be found online. Plus a brass strip pressed on the top of the blade.

I dont see many options. they all appear similar to my eye. I have avoided them as I'm okay with two hand opening since I have two hands.:)

I do like factory ones though such as the lochsa and others made by Buck. I like thumb studs and one handed openers in general and on a 110. these add ons im not sure how durable they are?

I have a JAG custom with one and so far its been good on opening. its larger and visually odd a bit but I dont mind it as it works. it has texturing and is mirrored in the pic on the blade. appears as scratches but it is just a mirror image. this i kinda like as I use it to hold my thumb still on using.

the smaller ones are visually more appealing to me, but the one I got works so I'm good with it.

20201219_134602.jpg

I really like the Kwik thumb studs. A few of my knives have them on and the position is adjustable. The Lochsa is permanent and to close to the handle which means you have to assert more pressure to open the knife. With the Kwik Thumb Stud you can move it further out and it reduces the amount of pressure needed to open the blade.

I dont see many options. they all appear similar to my eye. I have avoided them as I'm okay with two hand opening since I have two hands.:)

I do like factory ones though such as the lochsa and others made by Buck. I like thumb studs and one handed openers in general and on a 110. these add ons im not sure how durable they are?

I have a JAG custom with one and so far its been good on opening. its larger and visually odd a bit but I dont mind it as it works. it has texturing and is mirrored in the pic on the blade. appears as scratches but it is just a mirror image. this i kinda like as I use it to hold my thumb still on using.

the smaller ones are visually more appealing to me, but the one I got works so I'm good with it.

View attachment 1481303

That is a great looking knife, jb. :thumbsup:

Back