110lt strikes again

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
My buddy was over shootin' the shit and we got to talkin' knives, he really liked the 110lt so I told him to just take it.
I haven't carried mine in a while, and for $20 I can always just get another if I really want.
I also gave him the Victorinox cadet out of my pocket that he really liked, but I just ordered a green one yesterday anyways.

I don't think theres ever been a folder most people would appreciate that makes as perfect of a gift knife as the 110LT.
I know there are knives I've always thought were good gifts but I've gifted some to people who didn't end up using them, the 110LT I've gifted 3 or 4 at this point and all were really loved.

Yes the 110LTs are a great knife at a great value. I’ve given a couple of them as gifts and both were much appreciated. I keep an extra in both my personal pickup and company pickup for backup. I just used it yesterday to cut and fit some foil-bubble wrap insulation at work and trim in some seals. Then theres the SKBlades version of the smoke jumper and the shield in cpm154 is just amazing. I’ve been on the lookout for an orange typography handle one, I hope they make some more. The FRN handles are tough !

mans oldest tool is always great gift. they may even stop using their keys to open boxes.:D

nicely done, ya did a good thing. maybe even created a future Buck knife fan.

Oh he's been one for a while, and I already gave him a 283 nano bantam a few months back.
He was telling me about the Buck Kalinga he was gifted as a kid that was lost when camping as a teenager.

He said it was an older mint example a relative had saved for him, said the box was some kind of reddish color .
Any idea what that's about?

Oh he's been one for a while, and I already gave him a 283 nano bantam a few months back.
He was telling me about the Buck Kalinga he was gifted as a kid that was lost when camping as a teenager.

He said it was an older mint example a relative had saved for him, said the box was some kind of reddish color .
Any idea what that's about?
kalingas used to come in boxes like these....these aren't mine.....borrowed from the web....

download.jpeg.jpg images.jpeg-1.jpg

You are a good friend, both of those are great knives.

mans oldest tool is always great gift. they may even stop using their keys to open boxes.:D

Funny you say this - late yesterday evening we went to vote - the ballots were packaged in tight & thick plastic wrap. The guy issuing our ballots tried to break the plastic open by hand and couldn't, then he fished out his keys to try with those. I handed him my pocketknife (old Schrade USA jackknife) and asked him if this wouldn't work better. He gratefully accepted and remarked he should be carrying his own. A small pocketknife contributed to the free exercise of democracy! OH

Funny you say this - late yesterday evening we went to vote - the ballots were packaged in tight & thick plastic wrap. The guy issuing our ballots tried to break the plastic open by hand and couldn't, then he fished out his keys to try with those. I handed him my pocketknife (old Schrade USA jackknife) and asked him if this wouldn't work better. He gratefully accepted and remarked he should be carrying his own. A small pocketknife contributed to the free exercise of democracy! OH

great job there, Sir. keys sometimes work but not always. knife always works.

Is it just me or do you guys find the 110 LT so light that you never use the sheath? I store it in the sheath like a slip, but usually carry the knife in my pocket. The LT is also my #1 kitchen knife when I can’t bear to use the knife block knives, ha ha.

Is it just me or do you guys find the 110 LT so light that you never use the sheath? I store it in the sheath like a slip, but usually carry the knife in my pocket. The LT is also my #1 kitchen knife when I can’t bear to use the knife block knives, ha ha.
Yes I do that with my 110 LTs. In the winter at work I also carry them in my coat pocket and it’s real handy. I’ve put them in my shirt pocket when I’m in close quarters and can’t get to my jeans pocket. They are so lite I hardly notice them. Sometimes I do feel guilty for having 10- 110s in various models and some are almost 10 times what a standard LT costs. But I don’t feel guilty for long when I get out the nice ones or the orange 110 auto elite. Lol

I really like the concept of the LT, but the execution on the one I got was not the greatest. Too much blade wobble and up and down flex. Was I just unlucky or is this pretty common with the LT? I’d buy the 112LT in a heartbeat if I thought there was a good chance of getting one without a bunch of play. And I know that it still works and likely would not fail, it just bothers me. I gave the one I had away.

I really like the concept of the LT, but the execution on the one I got was not the greatest. Too much blade wobble and up and down flex. Was I just unlucky or is this pretty common with the LT? I’d buy the 112LT in a heartbeat if I thought there was a good chance of getting one without a bunch of play. And I know that it still works and likely would not fail, it just bothers me. I gave the one I had away.
all of my 110 lts have a lot of play, compared to the brass standard 110s, in every direction.

Back