112/110 Slim Pro First Mods

ScottK

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Buck Friends, please don't judge me on this mod. I really like the new 110/112 Slim Pros, in my opinion Buck knocked it out of the park with this evolution of the 110 & 112.

There was just one thing that I felt need a minor change. The fancy new Buck deep carry clip was just a bit too big for my tastes. I had a few extra donor clips in a box and found a similar but smaller deep carry clip and with some slight filing on the holes to adjust their spacing fit my 112 Slim Pro perfectly. Also Buck thanks for using blue and not red loctite on the clip screws.

No harm was done to the Buck knife or clip in this modification. What do you think?

IMG_1067.jpg

looks good to me. nice job Sir.

Will do the same if I can find the right clip. IMHO the factory clip is the one thing Buck missed on with this knife.

Nice! I too agree that the clip was the one area where this knife needed some work.

The mod looks good, no doubt about it. But I like the anvil cutout too and I appreciate the extra effort Buck put into it. I'm a little surprised its not a hit.

Depends on who you talk to. I dig the clip. It's different. It works beautifully. Otherwise it could look generic in your pocket. It's just a pocket clip. I'm guessing a poll was done on some different styles and this won. The cutout above the anvil works so well to pull the knife out,

I surely wouldn't put a clip on a Buck knife with another name on it. I would think that would be more of a problem than the factory one.

I like your mod. The clip is the only thing I don't like about the new Slim Pros. It just looks out of place on this svelte design. Kinda like hanging an F150 bumper on a Mustang.

Depends on who you talk to. I dig the clip. It's different. It works beautifully. Otherwise it could look generic in your pocket. It's just a pocket clip. I'm guessing a poll was done on some different styles and this won. The cutout above the anvil works so well to pull the knife out,

I surely wouldn't put a clip on a Buck knife with another name on it. I would think that would be more of a problem than the factory one.

I see your point and I like the anvil, as well. I panicked a little when I first saw the pictures, but I do like that it doesn't follow established conventions.

I can live with the factory clip as it does it's job, it's just a tad wide for me. Today I'm carring a Slim 110 Pro with the standard clip that I acid washed for a more subdued appearance.

IMG_1071.jpg

Last edited:
Buck Friends, please don't judge me on this mod. I really like the new 110/112 Slim Pros, in my opinion Buck knocked it out of the park with this evolution of the 110 & 112.
There was just one thing that I felt need a minor change. The fancy new Buck deep carry clip was just a bit too big for my tastes. I had a few extra donor clips in a box and found a similar but smaller deep carry clip and with some slight filing on the holes to adjust their spacing fit my 112 Slim Pro perfectly. Also Buck thanks for using blue and not red loctite on the clip screws.
No harm was done to the Buck knife or clip in this modification. What do you think?
View attachment 1000643

I like it Scott.

Where did you buy the pocket clips?

Awsome job. To each their own. It's your knife. Personally I like the factory clip it follows the lines of the scales when the knife is open. I'm sure soon some one will have an aftermarket clip option for us.

Benchmade Osborne 940 titanium deep carry clip...had to open the screw holes a little...way better!

kdjjSQ6.jpg

Back