117 CLUB Permanent thread keep adding

I emailed C&C to ask if they had plans for a 117 with red micarta/S30V. They said no but they would consider. It looks like that version of the 119 was popular while the 105 and 102 versions are on sale now so maybe they weren't popular.

I love the 117. Always wanted to get a membership in the 105 Pathfinder club but really the 117 is really fitting that size niche just fine.
If anyone can do a similar picture comparison of the 117 and 105 side by side i would appreciate it very much.
DN

I finally got to go camping and fishing this weekend and put my 117 cocobolo and brass to work. It was just right for most all of the cutting chores around camp and out fishing. I like the size / weight / balance, and the handle fits me perfectly. I think this is going to be my main knife for this kind of activity, I love it! The only problem I had was returning it to the sheath and the retaining strap would get in the way. Its still new and a bit stiff so after some good use it should limber up. Sorry I didn’t get any pictures of it at work. Maybe I can next time.

Is that the C&C you just got? It looks good!
Did it come with a 117 sheath? or still the 105?
After talking with the folks at c&c the sheath is marked 117 but it is still the 105 size. I ended up shorting mine to the proper length by first removing the stitching and unfolding it to lay flat. Then I traced the end for pattern on paper and then retraced on the sheath about 3/4 inch from end. Then re-stitched, trimmed, and colored to match original. It worked out great.

Back