117 CLUB Permanent thread keep adding

I'm noticing the past several weeks that the supply of both the 117's and the 212's is drying up. Is that typical for this time of year (hunting season/Christmas gifts/etc) or does Buck make a bunch in one batch and when they sell out, they schedule in another run? I have both that I recently bought about a month ago but I was thinking about buying a 117 for my son and there are none to be found. No biggy because in talking to his wife, she thought he would rather have a folder like a 110 or 112.

Timmus, the 117 and 212 are both non-catalog items for Buck Knives. They make specific numbers for a few specific dealers and then they are gone until that dealer orders more and Buck can produce more. Go to Buck’s website to see all of their in-stock knives, but the two you mention are only available from SK Blades and Copper & Clad. Those dealers have their own websites and they also sell on eBay and Amazon from time to time. OH

Timmus, the 117 and 212 are both non-catalog items for Buck Knives. They make specific numbers for a few specific dealers and then they are gone until that dealer orders more and Buck can produce more. Go to Buck’s website to see all of their in-stock knives, but the two you mention are only available from SK Blades and Copper & Clad. Those dealers have their own websites and they also sell on eBay and Amazon from time to time. OH

Ok, I didn't know that on the 117. The 212 I knew that was specific to C&C as I found out after I purchased it. I love both of these knives and very glad I splurged a little when I bought them. I think the 212 I bought on Amazon and the 117 was purchased through Ebay. Then I learned about C&C and have bought several knives from them direct. They seem like a very good company. I decided to buy from them direct and save them the eBay and Amazon fees.

You can’t beat that deal on the Ranger. I just ordered 2 more.

Buck has sold both the 117 and 212’s direct, but small runs with special handles. They don’t step on the dealers toes. Check the Web specials page daily. You never know what will pop up. Sometimes even a cool 121 or 106 will appear and they are discontinued.

Also keep an eye on eBay for sellers near Bucks factory, (Idaho or Washington) they always have unique knives for sale. You can deal with them direct too. They may or may not be members here.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for a 117 sheath? I hate keeper straps, in general; and this sheath has two of the darned things. The 117 is awesome; but I need a decent sheath to make it a user.

How about it Makael Makael - have you got space on your list for another customer? (I'll need one for a 212, as well)

Last edited:
I'm noticing the past several weeks that the supply of both the 117's and the 212's is drying up. Is that typical for this time of year (hunting season/Christmas gifts/etc) or does Buck make a bunch in one batch and when they sell out, they schedule in another run? I have both that I recently bought about a month ago but I was thinking about buying a 117 for my son and there are none to be found. No biggy because in talking to his wife, she thought he would rather have a folder like a 110 or 112.
C&C just this morning released 4 more 117s, at least as I write this there are 3 left .. Do we get a cool shirt for joining the 117 club or just a great knife lol.

I just looked at C&C's website.
They have some of both 212 and 117's in stock.

Don't trust the inventory they claim to have.
I recently purchased the last 1 of 2 of something and then I re-checked stock...... suddenly they had a dozen more........

They sell on 3 different storefronts. Maybe that's why.

Last edited:
I just looked at C&C's website.
They have some of both 212 and 117's in stock.

Don't trust their inventory they claim to have.
I recently purchased the last 1 of 2 of something and then I re-checked stock...... suddenly they had a dozen more........

They sell on 3 different storefronts. Maybe that's why.

Not sure, but I know I've been checking for weeks for 1 of the 117's, its actually how I found this forum. Checking like every day lol, today is the first time they had any...
4 (3 now) of the black handle and 9 (soon to be 8) of the cocobolo...

Looking at the cocobolo 117, I almost wish I wasn't so opposed to fullers. The fact that they call it a blood groove drops it down one level further ;)
Based on that piece of awesomeness eveled showed in post 98, the world - or, at least, MY world - needs more Brahmas (I hope the Buck guys are paying attention)

Last edited:
Here it is...sign me in!
p5ELMax.jpg

Sigh...
Why take a fine example of a 117 and not match the hardware? Brass hilt with nickel silver buttcap - makes me sad just typing it.

Sigh...
Why take a fine example of a 117 and not match the hardware? Brass hilt with nickel silver buttcap - makes me sad just typing it.
I'm not sure what you are talking about...the one I just posted has NS guard and pommel. Sorry if my poor photographic skills caused you discomfort.

If we're actually keeping a list,, add me up, don't have any pictures to post but I grabbed 1 of the phenolic thats already put in the work.. butchered 13 rabbits and field dressed a deer this past weekend... And I grabbed the last cocobolo as a Xmas present for my son Matt Carter..... I have to admit I love this little knife, the handle and blade depth are perfect, but I did find myself wishing it was 1/2 longer when I was splitting rabbit sternums.

pjsjr pjsjr
Sorry for the confusion - my post had nothing to do with your knife, it was just circumstance that it was submitted a short time after yours.

I just gave both my sons the Brass cocobolo 117’s from C&C for their birthdays this weekend. I see they are sold out now. They are very happy with the knives. They realize how lucky they are to have knives that are currently unavailable.

Hopefully there will be more 117’s released eventually.

Last edited:
Back