117 CLUB Permanent thread keep adding

My sons already had the set that was a killer deal a while back 120 and 110 with brass. The 117 is a good match These 3 pretty much cover all the bases.

view

Last edited:
I really like the 117 size. As eveled photo shows the 117 is the same overall length but you get 3/4 inch more blade and the handle is still plenty big enough for a good grip. I wish it was a regular catalog item and in upgrade steel. I’d probably buy 3-4 if they were in S35vn. I also like the blade shape as it works well for many types of tasks like the 110 does. Hopefully 2021 will fare better for us Buck 117 fans.

i hope they make more of these. i should have bought one when i had the chance. wont make that mistake again.

I'm in the same boat. I wasn't able to get one this past year. I hope they make more!!!!

With 500 117's made, and sold out already, as the March BOM, I think you should gain some new members soon. I ordered one.

O.B.

I would have liked another 117, and I've got nothing against 154CM (why not CPM154, though?)...but I sat this one out. I've got one that suits my aesthetics; so I'm not going to whine. Congrats to all that made this BOTM their first 117.

(I had posted this in the SPS thread; but I should add it here, as well)
View attachment 1529817

Last edited:

Welcome hhmoore hhmoore ! Always a pleasure to add a new member. That’s a beautiful knife. Especially beautiful for a guy who dislikes fullers!

As O Old Biker pointed out. We had a great BOM for March. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/march-botm-117-cocobolo-154cm.1780977/page-2#post-20402020

Proof that Buck hasn’t given up on the 117 and they sold out quick so Buck got the feedback that it’s a worthy model. So this is good news for our little club!

Looking forward to new pictures and new members soon.

Last edited:
eveled eveled if the second part was directed at me, it was the BOTM that I was referencing in my post. (I'm assuming it was a general tease for those that missed it ;))

My 117 should look familiar - you posted it on page 5 (#98). I fought it as long as I could, then made an offer.

i wanted one bad. it was release on my birthday. so i thought it was meant to be. only problem was my paypal balance was $121. by the time i could get to the store to add cash they had sold out.

eveled eveled if the second part was directed at me, it was the BOTM that I was referencing in my post. (I'm assuming it was a general tease for those that missed it ;))

My 117 should look familiar - you posted it on page 5 (#98). I fought it as long as I could, then made an offer.

I’m glad you got it. Craig is a great guy and he has helped me in the past.

I'm hoping C&C does a 117 Pro...with no fuller
That would be excellent!
That’s what I’m hoping for. This botm 117 is really nice but I’d rather have one like the new pro models.
I got a 102 & a 105 and they kinda hits either side of the 117 in size. I think the 117 is just right for an all around knife. I have the cocobolo brass in 420hc and it is a great knife that I enjoy using.

I was briefly tempted by the last BOTM.
I'm not really sure why I dislike fullers so much. On some knives, they serve a purpose and don't look horrible....though, on the 117, there's no functional reason for it to be there. (So it's a styling blunder.)
If I can find somebody to make a decent, relatively basic, pouch sheath for it, I might grab the 105 Pro. Oops, that's another thread :oops:

I really like the 117 size. As eveled photo shows the 117 is the same overall length but you get 3/4 inch more blade and the handle is still plenty big enough for a good grip. I wish it was a regular catalog item and in upgrade steel. I’d probably buy 3-4 if they were in S35vn. I also like the blade shape as it works well for many types of tasks like the 110 does. Hopefully 2021 will fare better for us Buck 117 fans.

Yes, please. I missed out on the 5160 ones at C&C and been kicking myself over it. Really wish I got one while I could. If anybody has one they’d part with please send me a PM. :thumbsup:

Back