127 hours

I watched this movie last night, and was wondering if anyone else had seen it. I thought it was a pretty good movie and thought it addressed alot of the mistakes that people make that get them into these situations in the first place. Pretty good movie overall in my opinion

I agree. I liked the movie. Yes he made mistakes, but we all do.

However, if I did get myself in that situation, I have a feeling I would still be there today.

I also liked the pully set up he rigged one handed, didn't work, but a valiant effort!

Pretty easy to monday morning qb the guy. It would take a lot to remove your own arm. I want to see the movie.

I watched this last night as well. Yes, he got himself into that situation, but he kept his shit together and decided he wanted to live. I have alot of respect for this guy. Good movie.

Oh I wasn't bashing his mistakes by any means. They actually make it a point in the movie to point out his mistakes. Alot of mistakes regular people would overlook. Well addressed how several small mistakes snowball into a big mess

I have to admit I've made several of the same mistakes almost everytime I've gone out, just never had it bite me yet.

Pretty easy to monday morning qb the guy...

Agreed, but what's important is to learn from others mistakes so we don't have to make them ourselves. Aaron said in an interview that his was not a hero's story but an idiot's one. Tell someone where you're going and when you'll be back... and it's best to not go alone! :)

Also, carrying a machete will make chopping your own hand off a lot quicker and easier. ;)

Also, carrying a machete will make chopping your own hand off a lot quicker and easier. ;)

In the position he was in, I don't think a machete was going to make it easier.

He didn't cut through bone. He used leverage and broke the two bones in his arm and used his crappy dull knife to cut away the suft tissue.:eek:

Like I said before, I don't think I would have made it out of that one:eek:

Great movie, a must see IMO:thumbup:

I thought it was a good reality movie especially since he pointed out mistakes he made and brought them to the viewers attention. Certainly brought to home for me about the importance of having a quality multi-tool or knife with a field sharpener. I don't think any of us could guess if we could cut off an arm unless we were in that kind of situation.

That's why I pack killer pain killers. You never know when you'll need to cut off your arm.

And like 50 knives

That's why I pack killer pain killers. You never know when you'll need to cut off your arm.

And like 50 knives

I'm pretty sure that by the time he actually had to cut his arm off, he had either lost most feeling in it or was mentally numb to it. In an interview with him he stated the only thing that hurt was when he had to cut the big nerve running along the bone.

In an interview with him he stated the only thing that hurt was when he had to cut the big nerve running along the bone.

Good times for sure.

It just goes to show you that the will to live is strong. I for one hope to never be in a situation where I have to make a decision like that.

If he was carrying an ESEE knife they might have been able to call the movie 24hrs ;)

I saw this in the theatre a little while ago and bought the DVD the day it came out. Awesome movie!! The part where he had to cut the nerve or tendon or whatever it was made me cringe!! Every time he touched it the noise they played reminded me of the game "operation" where it buzzes when you touched the sides.. Oh that part was terrible! When he drank the pee I about lost it too haha.. Excellent movie tho! Gonna pop it in now! :)

Dude definitely has some stones
badassbuddy_com-bigballs.gif
, looking forward to seeing the movie. My decomposed corpse would probably still be there.

I read the book when it first came out, back it was still called "Between a Rock and a Hard Place." My students actually wrote based on some excerpts at the time. His description of the process was gruesome yet moving. I really admire the guy and not just because he cut off his hand.

I plan on hiking Blue John canyon this summer. I'll do it with a friend and tell somebody where I'm going though.

He's a true survivor.

saw the movie a while back....and saw an interview with Aron

i remember him saying cutting the arm wasnt the worst because the tissue had started to decay...he said the first cut a bunch of nasty gas came out...he did say the nerve was the worst part. makes me shiver thinking about it

I almost think that the getting over the pain part of breaking/cutting your arm off would be the easy part of it. Now I am not in any way saying it would be easy, I just think that making the actual mental decision of doing it would be the hardest part.

I haven't seen the movie but watched a show on TV about it, and the way he had to break his arm to me was much more painful to watch than him actually cutting his arm off. It definitely gives new meaning to being between a rock and a hard place.

Back