1311 After Action Report

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by BePrepared, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Lora7

Lora7

Aug 4, 2010
    Great pics, it sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats on the deer!

2. Naomi T

Naomi T

Nov 2, 2012
    This is a great review for those looking into the 1311 :thumbup: I wanted to thank you for the lack of deer pictures as well! The knife is a much better sight for viewing :) Congrats on the great knife and 5 deer.

3. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    Thanks for the After Action Report! Dan and the gang did a great job :thumbup: Awesome work guys :D

4. MyNameIsBo

MyNameIsBo

Sep 3, 2015
    I just got my 1311. I accidentally hit a deck screw with it and got a pretty good chip, made my heart stop for a minute I'm currently in the process of sending it in for analysis

5. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    Would love a photo of that deck screw as well as the 1311. My guess is that the hit was fairly direct and at a bad angle. I have had such things happen with various machete designs over the years. No worry though, you are covered by the best warranty in the business. Just normal stuff when smacking away with a long knife and, rest assured, it has happened to the best of us.

That being said, the 1311 is a great, handy tool. I have two of them, one as a keeper and the other for just about anything that comes my way. It has a superb balance in the hand while bringing a bunch of cutting power to the table. It cuts just about better than any other design out of Wauseon and reminds me of that slender Ontario I carried way back in the day. Most folk really don't know how efficient these things cut in the field, the thinner edge allowing easy work of wood processing while not causing the arm too much fatigue. Another bonus is that the 1311 packs easily and does not weigh a ton, something that makes a huge difference if you are planning on an extended trek!