15N20 Customs - Books Closed

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
You have a short time to capitalize on this opportunity. I have a number of sheets of 15N20 in 3/32" thickness on the way to the water jet cutter, and I have not finalized what designs will be made. The sheets have finally crossed the border into Canada, and should be at the cutter within a matter of days, probably early next week.

Now is your chance to have a blade in 15N20 custom made at a price point lower than you might expect. Feel free to message me or email me to discuss the design you're interested in, and I can give you a quote. A ballpark to give you an idea is between $105 and $180, depending on the size of knife. The sheets I have coming are 11" x 23", so a 16" bladed machete is large end of things.

This steel is very tough and has great edge stibility, allowing it to get very thin and still hold its shape through hard use. It is going to be perfect for

• kitchen cutlery
  • EDC
  • machetes
  • neck knives
At the present, I have the following designs - or something like them - in mind, some of which are commissions or potential comissions, but I have enough steel that I can make many more.

Boning knife
Boning Knife.jpg

Kiritsuke
Kiritsuke 2020.jpg

Jordan Hawk with Wasp Waist
Jordan Hawk 2020 wasp waist.jpg

Fixed Straight Razor
Razor 2020.jpg

Gyuto
Kiritsuke Gyuto 2020.jpg

Index Finger Ring Neckers
Forward Ring Drop point.jpg
Forward Ring Wharncliffe.jpg

If you see something you like or have another design that you're interested in, please feel free to get in touch and if your design idea is not too crazy a design, I will be happy to include it in the batch with no need for a deposit. Bizarre or wacky designs are welcome as well, of course, but may require a deposit to indicate commitment to purchasing it once its completed.

If there is any unclaimed square footage left in the steel by the time I submit my order, I will simply include a variety of my own designs intended for resale.

OOOO teach me to not log on for a week (been working... ICU and ER been killing me)

I would like a Neck knife if your in the mood
I have wood nice looking slabs -- I can send, if you work with wood --If you don't I am ok with that also (pretty ez going really)

txt me anytime will reply when I wake up --- (I work nightshift)

Last edited:
Text sent.

Last edited:
I have changed the thread title to reflect that the current batch of 15N20 has been cut. The blanks are now with the heat treater, and are awaiting processing. Here is a pic of a few of the blades, which includes a baker's dozen of the highly praised EDChef.

15N20 2.jpg

One of each of these neck knives is spoken for already, one straight razor (note that three of them have a straight edge, and three of them have a smiling edge) a couple EDChefs, and the two tactical blades at the bottom right are also taken. But in addition to the blades in this pic will be four barong seax machetes with 14" blades, 8 chef knives, and 8 EDC knives.

There are a few commissions in the books to take care of before I'll be working on these, but my guess is by the time Andy is able to heat treat these, I should be good to start working on them.

One, but I didn't mention it because it's already spoken for by one of my distinguished customers. ;)

I like the one second from the left (11 pieces). However, this will be a close to the body carry, so I will wait for an AEB-L batch.

Update:

I have finally received the first set of test blades back from heat treatment, and have taken the time to grind one of the razors to a zero edge, and test its edge retention and toughness. Both proved to be very good, and I am more excited than ever to finally be able to get to my orders in this steel. These are all going to be incredible slicers. I am just finishing up a large order of AEB-L knives, and I expect to have the rest of my 15N20 blades within a week's time, at least the ones that are in the order books. I'll then begin knocking orders out in the sequence which they were placed (with priority to the two remaining customers who have put down deposits or advanced payments).

Thank you for your patience to all who are anticipating one of these blades.

I am taking custom orders as well. I have a few of each of these "universal blanks". They are also 3/32" 15N20, and heat treated. I can customize them to just about any blade and handle shape desired, within the confines of what you see. Let your imagination run wild and feel free to get in touch to discuss details and pricing. There are a few orders on the books right now, but I have room for a few more that I can finish in time for the holidays. If you want a super slicey, super ergo knife in 15N20 at a modest price, now's your chance to get in while the getting is good.

IMG_8394.JPG

Also, this pic presents an example of a neck knife and EDChef in 15N20. The wharny is AEB-L, but I can make a similar design from the above blanks if so desired.

IMG_8392.JPG

I am taking custom orders as well. I have a few of each of these "universal blanks". They are also 3/32" 15N20, and heat treated. I can customize them to just about any blade and handle shape desired, within the confines of what you see. Let your imagination run wild and feel free to get in touch to discuss details and pricing. There are a few orders on the books right now, but I have room for a few more that I can finish in time for the holidays. If you want a super slicey, super ergo knife in 15N20 at a modest price, now's your chance to get in while the getting is good.

View attachment 1440139

Also, this pic presents an example of a neck knife and EDChef in 15N20. The wharny is AEB-L, but I can make a similar design from the above blanks if so desired.

View attachment 1440138
Those look great, but do they cut?

View attachment 1440139

View attachment 1440138

Those look great David. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today's completed order consists of a boning knife, and another pink and black EDChef, both the same 15N20, comfortable, very sharp, and super thin behind the edge.
IMG_8412.JPG
IMG_8414.JPG
IMG_8415.JPG
IMG_8416.JPG

I've got four more EDChefs to finish up, now that this one is done. After that I will still have a few left available.

Back