• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

16 Fixed blades by Sylvrfalcn (Sarge)

16 knives by Sylvrfalcn (Sarge)

Sylvrfalcn made these fixed blade knives from old files. He has donated them to be sold to provide for living expenses for Rameshwor Sunar, a medical student from Nepal. Ram is the son of Sgt. Khadka who works in the Himalayan Imports shop part time. Ram is the first in his family to read and write, and plans to return to Nepal to provide medical care for the people of the villages.

All of the blades were tempered after grinding, and have been carried and used by the maker. They are good solid working knives. I’ve been carrying one for a month and I love it. The Scandinavian type dangler sheaths are really sweet. All prices are shipped conus by usps priority. USPS money order, Paypal, or check if I know you. First email “I’ll take it” gets the knife. sferguson2@triad.rr.com

These aren’t highly finished safe queens, they are made to be used. Made to cut stuff. A quote from Sarge himself “My knives ain't the prettiest, but they cut and hold an edge pretty well.”

Thanks for looking,
Steve Ferguson

#1 13 ¾” overall Outstanding Ballock dagger, single edged, beautiful wood with flame, brass bolster, .143” spine $85 (SOLD)
#2 7” boot knife, .122” spine $40 (SOLD)
#3 7 ¼” overall, puukko, .107 spine $40 (SOLD)
#4 10 1/8” overall, full tang, pouch sheath, .152” spine $ 50 (SOLD)
#5 9 3/8” overall, full tang, rosewood handle, .147” spine $ 55 (SOLD)
#6 10 1/8” overall, full tang, pouch sheath with no loop, .150” spine $ 55 (SOLD)
#7 Bare dagger blade with cast guard, blade 5 ¾”, overall 11”, double edged $25 (SOLD)
#8 9 ½” overall, full tang, includes small marlinspike or fid, for splicing $ 55 (SOLD)
#9 10 1/8” overall, full tang, bone handles, .145” spine $80 (SOLD)
#10 9 5/8” overall, round handle, steel ferrule, .120” spine $ 50 (SOLD)
#11 8 1/8” overall, full tang, scandi sheath, .118” spine $50 (SOLD)
# 12 Sgian Dubh, 7 5/16" overall, .117” spine, dark wood handle $45 (SOLD)
# 13 9 3/8” overall, round wood handle, steel ferrule, .120” spine $50 (SOLD)
#14 7 ¼” overall, 2 ¾” antler handle, brass ferrule, .125” spine $50 (SOLD)
#15 8 7/8” overall, oval handle, steel ferrule, .120” spine $45 (SOLD)
#16 10” overall, full tang, .152 spine thickness $50 (SOLD)
#17 8 ¼” overall, full tang, .118” spine $ 50 (SOLD)
#18 Seax 9 5/8” overall .140” spine, antler handle $75 (SOLD)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

first post :> nice stuff. drool drool :)

#6, 14, 17, and 18 are sweet. sadly, i'm tapped out for now. wish i could. did last time, others can get theirs to day, thanx to my poverty :)

all made by that man who won't call himself a professional yet :) sweet.

email sent for the mat the knives are on though :)

bladite

One of the highest compliments I ever received was from Rusty, and Steve, of H.I. Forums. They referred to a knife design I did as "honest."

I'd like to pass that compliment on. Sarge makes some of the most "honest" knives I've ever seen. And he keeps on doing it.

They are great, and for a great cause.

Nicely done.

Thanks, Sarge & Steve.

I can't make knives, but I can help a kid go to medical school.

It's a privilege to know you, gentlemen.

Mike

Geez, less than 10 minutes and I already missed the antlers! :confused::D This stuff goes fast! That seax is incredible.

(Oops, should say 30 minutes! That's plenty of time to miss these.)

Bladite said:
first post :> nice stuff. drool drool :)

#6, 14, 17, and 18 are sweet. sadly, i'm tapped out for now. wish i could. did last time, others can get theirs to day, thanx to my poverty :)

all made by that man who won't call himself a professional yet :) sweet.

email sent for the mat the knives are on though :)

bladite

You nailed it Bladite! Those are some beauties. The wood and grind on 17 just blows me away. Email sent on a couple, and keeping my fingers crossed. What a great effort by Sarge. That little sgian dubh #12 is as pretty as a picture. Thanks Steve to you and Sarge for doing this.

Best,

Norm

Svashtar said:
You nailed it Bladite! Those are some beauties. The wood on 17 just blows me away. Email sent on a couple, and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Norm

you know the drill - here's a trick - next time, "email for all" :> you know you'll either keep'em all, or they WILL resell :) bwa hah hah :)

gotta clear out more of my stuff, and get a job. damn.

that stripey handle. damn.

bladite

Dadgum, but this is some fun. Thanks guys for all the kind words, and for your generosity pitching in to help Ram. And thank you Steve for all the hard work in putting this all together, absolutely outstanding pics as always.
If anybody has any questions about any of the knives, I'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

Sarge

Dang! Missed that little beauty #2 by seconds according to Steve (love that little handle and pretty sheath), and Bri in Chi just aced me on that sweet bone #9 next! But I snagged #1 anyway.

I swear there are 6 of these I would take easily if I could afford them all.

Outstanding work.

Norm

Well, I"m going to try to snag #1 and 3.............#3 for the kitchen. I is for the daughter.........I feel sorry for her boyfriend............LOL:D ;)

Svashtar said:
I swear there are 6 of these I would take easily if I could afford them all.

Outstanding work.

Norm

You've never seen tears until you see me boxing up a bunch of Sarge's knives to ship out!! ;) It it wasn't so dadburn selfish, I'd buy them all meself. :D

Steve

Sylvrfalcn said:
If anybody has any questions about any of the knives, I'd be more than happy to answer them for you.

Sarge

Are you coming over the sharpen it when it gets dull in the kitchen:confused: :D :rolleyes:

Sylvrfalcn said:
Dadgum, but this is some fun. Thanks guys for all the kind words, and for your generosity pitching in to help Ram. And thank you Steve for all the hard work in putting this all together, absolutely outstanding pics as always.

Sarge

Sarge, you're a real artist and all around great guy. It's easy to donate money, but the time you spent on this is amazing. You have some _serious_ good karma coming your way! :thumbup: You too Steve!

Sarge, what can you tell me about the wood on #16? The handle and sheath are kind of plain compared to a few of the others, but it looks like a very stout blade, and a useful one. About 6" long?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Norm

mamav said:
Well, I"m going to try to snag #1 and 3.............#3 for the kitchen. I is for the daughter.........I feel sorry for her boyfriend............LOL:D ;)

Gin, I got one very similar to #3 last time, but with a slightly darker shaped handle. The sheath is the same though. I was totally impressed with the quality of the work, and it is _sharp_!

Just get a man to cut things for you and you should be OK with it. :foot::rolleyes::D

Norm

ferguson said:
You've never seen tears until you see me boxing up a bunch of Sarge's knives to ship out!! ;) It it wasn't so dadburn selfish, I'd buy them all meself. :D

Steve

Steve, right there that shows some tremendous self-control. How you parted with that seax is beyond me.

I think I would have put up one of my old paring knives and kept the rest. :D

Norm

Back