• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

16 Fixed blades by Sylvrfalcn (Sarge)

Well I missed out on this one, but bc of blade show I wouldn't have been able to spend on one anyway.

Awesome work Sarge. I love the antler handled one with the ferrule. Sweet.

Due to a mistake on my part, #5 is still available. This one has a really neat sheath, and the handle scales are really pretty rosewood, or Bocote. You can't tell that from the picture, but they are really superb.

Steve

buckman#10 said:
hi sarge a big thank you to you guys on this i was very pleased to be a participanti was wondering if you had any info on the #8 i got ? thanks again and ill be watching ted

That one's got Bolivian rosewood handle scales done in a bird's head grip that is very comfortable and secure. All my blades are ground from old Nicholson metal cutting files tempered to around 58 RC. They're not real fancy as far as a polished finish goes, but they're strong, sharp, and hold a good edge.
That "marlin spike" is made from an old chainsaw file, thats polished and tempered just slightly harder than the knife's edge, so it can be used as a burnishing steel to touch up the knife's edge between sharpenings.

Sarge

aproy1101 said:
Well I missed out on this one, but bc of blade show I wouldn't have been able to spend on one anyway.

Awesome work Sarge. I love the antler handled one with the ferrule. Sweet.

I sure hope you left your credit cards at home when you went to that blade show Andy, I imagine the temptations must have been tortuous.

Glad you liked that little antler handled one, so did Steve, given first crack at all of 'em, that's the one he picked. He knows a handy knife when he sees one.;)

Sarge

Sylvrfalcn said:
That one's got Bolivian rosewood handle scales done in a bird's head grip that is very comfortable and secure. All my blades are ground from old Nicholson metal cutting files tempered to around 58 RC. They're not real fancy as far as a polished finish goes, but they're strong, sharp, and hold a good edge.
That "marlin spike" is made from an old chainsaw file, thats polished and tempered just slightly harder than the knife's edge, so it can be used as a burnishing steel to touch up the knife's edge between sharpenings.

Sarge
thanks for the quick reply sarge i have been reading some of the past posts on here it would seem that i am quite fortunate to have gotten one of your blades and that my first instinct to take several of them was right on the mark so i wish i would have done that but this one will make a good start and like i said i did do a bit of reading so i am not going to ask you to make me some more as i seen you said you dont sell knives its a hobby you just do it for the enjoyment and satisfaction :thumbup: :thumbup: good deal , but if you want to take some time off from work and relax and enjoy i will understand :D :D
on the #8 i got i really liked the like the lines of it should make a good all around kitchen knife and probably replace a half dozen chinese ones :cool:
and i think the marlin spike was a nice touch too:thumbup:
i like your sheath work too it looks good and looks durable but i dont expect mine will get much use in the kitchen unless its starts getting REALLY rough in there;) :D
and finally any suggestions you have on sharpening your knives would be welcomed and appreciated thannks again and keep up the hobbies ted

mamav said:
Now if she'd just learn to like to cook............:rolleyes: :D
Gin, she probably won't until you start making some really, really bad meals. That's what my mom did;) when I was a kid, and it forced me to become a terrific cook:rolleyes:

Bri in Chi said:
Gin, she probably won't until you start making some really, really bad meals. That's what my mom did;) when I was a kid, and it forced me to become a terrific cook:rolleyes:

Two old cowboys traveling across country to their next cattle drive had an arrangement. Whoever lost a coin toss would have to cook until the other one complained about the food. The loser started out cooking some pretty good grub, but after a while began to get tired of doing all the cooking. So he began intentionally trying to get the other cowhand to complain. He'd overcook it, or undercook it, or mess with the seasoning, but the other fellow never once grumbled. Finally, at the end of his rope, he scooped up some fresh cow plop and tossed it in the cook pot. That evening at dinner, the other cowboy, upon spooning some down, exclaimed, "this tastes like crap". Rubbing his hands in delight, the cook thought he was finally off the hook until the ornery old cuss added, "best durn crap I ever had" ;) :D

Sarge

Back